ready for cock.......

turtlishous

seconds please!
rock?

friend of mine came over and played this ,so, naturally i had to record it and fuck wit it untill my ears bled......our old drummer is working out the drum track still so you'll have to deal with the casio if you click the link.....sorry

fair warning....this is as old school as rock should ever go..... ;)

i will say before hand that the tracking wasn't all that to begin with, but i gave a mix a shot, and this is my first attempt with the REAper proggie!

REAper ROCKS! sooo long as i can get tutalidge on how to use it :o

what do ya think?

click here for cock

BTW-so far this song is called "what is the name of this song alex?"

I don't usually click links with the word cock in them, but I thought I'd risk it this time.. nice tremelo...haha I like your vocalist. He sounds uncannily like Noddy Holder with a smidgen of Brian Johnson. Cool guitars. The arrangement is pretty well put together, I like it. That really is rock out with your cock out

thanks ya'll.........i would love to know what i can fix to polish this off a little, or some ideas for a more cocky experience..:)sound effects and whathave you...like a track with gong hits or somethin'

Split the rhythm guitar & pan it with a little delay os something on the new one.
Bass needs definition.
Lead is a cool tone but seems to warble just a little too much as that takes away some of the bite.
Does sound like Noddy - with strep throat & a lager. The lead guitar sounds more MC5 or psych to me.
This is BEGGING for drums to DRIVE it.

rayc said:
Split the rhythm guitar & pan it with a little delay os something on the new one.
Bass needs definition.
Lead is a cool tone but seems to warble just a little too much as that takes away some of the bite.
Does sound like Noddy - with strep throat & a lager. The lead guitar sounds more MC5 or psych to me.
This is BEGGING for drums to DRIVE it.

yep!!!!!!! rayc your right about the drums !!!!!!! i havn't worked much on the lead line yet. i only added the trem to it so far....i need to get into the groov and tweek it alittle......and i really think that track could use a re-take :eek:

i did double the rhythm already and panned 100%both R and L so not sure what more i can do to that.....what are you missing in the mix with the rhythm(is that how you spell it?)?? maybe less on the pan?

like i said this is a first for the REAper mixing and i have ALOT to learn.....so feedback is a must!!!!!

thanks for the crits.....rayc and keep them coming cuz i think this song is a learning curve for me.....that is if you don't mind :D

have to wait to give you the rep.....sorry dude :rolleyes: gave out my limit already :mad:

Cock~n~Roll !!!!!

Fucking GREAT TRACk.....im open to most ...."most" music....rock is one im open to, although not very many songs/bands, but i do like a good rocknroll song.....anyways, I REALLY LOVE THIS SHIT MAN.....its ROCKIN!

GREAT Vocals - nice mixing - cant wait until you kick it up a notch

peace, love, and rockNroll !

Very Cool! I like it.

What all was done to the vocals? I my self would back it of just a bit. The voice is cool and I'd like to hear a little more of it. I am very interested in how you got that sound though.

Personall I would not use a fade out on this type of song but that's a matter of taste.

The tremelo on the guitars is very cool and gived the song a destinct vibe.

The mix sounds good (baring the casio) ;) Very creative mix.

Can't wait for the next installment.

PS ... to answer the title of the thread, NO! :D :eek: I know that people will ask these questions in the form of a joke so there is not as much fear of rejection, but I think pretty much everyone see's right threw it :D :D ;) :eek:

F.S.

Last edited:
Cock Rock...kick butt Turtlis !!! I downloaded as is...when you are done with it, I'll grab that one, but until then, I wanna listen!!

Guitar tones rock. Are you using phase on the vox?

I know there is tweaking to be done...but man, turtlis this is rockin'!!

This has AC/DC poured over it like a cinnamon apple....crunchy~hot~sweet~ COCK ROCK !!!! :D

true-eurt said:
Cock Rock...kick butt Turtlis !!! I downloaded as is...when you are done with it, I'll grab that one, but until then, I wanna listen!!

Guitar tones rock. Are you using phase on the vox?

I know there is tweaking to be done...but man, turtlis this is rockin'!!

This has AC/DC poured over it like a cinnamon apple....crunchy~hot~sweet~ COCK ROCK !!!! :D

true,,......your too kind:) and i still can't give you rep! the damn thing won't let me!

thanks though and my drummer is procrastinating(orhoweveryouspellthat) like the bitch that he is :D

i've done some tweeking to it since and stil sounds strrange with the casio drums! i need DRUMS!

Freudian Slip said:
Very Cool! I like it.

What all was done to the vocals? I my self would back it of just a bit. The voice is cool and I'd like to hear a little more of it. I am very interested in how you got that sound though.

Personall I would not use a fade out on this type of song but that's a matter of taste.

The tremelo on the guitars is very cool and gived the song a destinct vibe.

The mix sounds good (baring the casio) ;) Very creative mix.

Can't wait for the next installment.

PS ... to answer the title of the thread, NO! :D :eek: I know that people will ask these questions in the form of a joke so there is not as much fear of rejection, but I think pretty much everyone see's right threw it :D :D ;) :eek:

F.S.

as far as vocals ----i put them out of sink(how do you spell that?) just a hair and added what reaper fx plug called jesussonic(ozzifier)a pitch and delay doubler ----BTW i took that down a notch on the new mix that i'm gonna post here shortly...thanks for the nit:) well needed

turtlishous said:
as far as vocals ----i put them out of sink(how do you spell that?) just a hair and added what reaper fx plug called jesussonic(ozzifier)a pitch and delay doubler ----BTW i took that down a notch on the new mix that i'm gonna post here shortly...thanks for the nit:) well needed
No prob. Sounded like a cool effect Just didn't do you voice justice so heavy.

F.S.

Back