Re-recorded

hey imalion,

heres a few suggestions..

I checked out everyone of your tunes you've put up here in the past and I have always commented... You have never commented on any of mine...

Others have checked out your tunes the last time you posted, I have never seen you post on anyone elses...

Don't bump your own thread because it annoys....

I have listened to ALL your tunes and commented in the past...

Listen to others songs, you might get a response...

Until then, please don't bump your own thread.. It is selfish when you have NEVER commented on any other songs other than your own..

B

B. Sabbath

As I stated in my original post. This song has been re-recorded, I have tried to use the very tips I have recieved on this board. So, that is why I am asking for feedback. Because I am trying to get better. I redid every part of the song! All I want to know is if I am doing it right.

As far as me not making very many comments on others songs. Well, all I have to say is I am still new and learning everyday. I am still trying to figure out how to do this. I didnt realize that I would be offending people by not making comments. I figure when I get to a point where I can offer advice. Than I will give it. I dont like to talk out of my ass about things that I am not fully informed on. I do offer advice and add comments on things that I am familiar with. Check out the Boss forum or the Cakewalk forum. I am familiar with those particular topics and I offer comments and help whenever I can. As for Mixing down to a final product that sounds good: I am a beginner, Still learning. And I dont think I am in a place to critique anyone elses work when I am still struggling.

If I have offended anyone on this board. I am sorry.

Steven

imalion,

You got some good sound on this recording. Actually, your recording sounds better than my stuff... I think you should check out other peoples tunes because if I can comment with my recordings sounding the way they do, then you most certainly can...

fun sounding tune, and the sound quality is very good..

nice job!

B

B.Sabbath,

Thanks for your response and for the compliment. I guess it's true: Sometimes we are our own worst critics.

I am going to start listening and sending people feedback. I will be looking for your music.

Steven

Just a couple comments. First, nice job on the track. It rocks along well. Drums sound great too. My one niggle is the verb you used on the vocal. Something about it is fighting with the quality of the vocal track itself--maybe too much, maybe just the wrong patch. If the vocal sound was killer, it would raise the quality of the track, which is already good.

Please do respond to others tracks. If you don't feel comfortable offering specific advice, just comment on the tunes and on what you hear. It also opens up the door to ask questions''"what mic did you use on that vocal, what effect, what technique, etc" We all have a lot to teach each other. This forum is incredibly unique in that it allws you to hear what other are doing and to find out how they did it. I learn something every time I hear somebodys work and I have been recording in one way or another for 35 years!

Oh, and keep up the good work! If your new to recording, you are way ahead of the class...

the drum reverb is ok, I suppose...but it appears a little too much on the vocals. The guitars sound pretty decent too. It seems I might remember this tune, and responded that it sounded like I was listening out in the lobby...and it still kinda has that quality to it. Maybe minimal reverb on this tune might work best. ...hard to say...because I use reverb a lot and like using it. But in this instance, it could be just about dry, and sound better, I would think....it would give it more punch and make the band take a 'couple steps forward.'

Rock on. I like the guitar sound. What are you using? My only suggestion is I thought the fade at the end where the drums come back in was odd. You might just cut the drums and let the guitars fade. I think that would sound cool.

Thanks for the good feedback.

Its funny. The main reason I re-recorded this song is because I had Way Too Much Reverb on the first attempt. LMAO.

I guess I still need to watch it.

As for what did I use. Well. I recorded the entire song on a BR-8. And believe it or not I used a SR-16 for my drums. I have a Washburn bass that I use on all my songs. And chose my Les Paul through my Marshall Valvestate amp for the guitar parts. I would have layed a lead track down, but the truth is that I suck at leads. I also used a Audio Technica AT4033 studio mic for all my vocals.

Steven

Back