re: "plug-ins"

Ricky D

I've been using PreSonus Studio One Artist for a few years now, and I'm fairly conversant with it, but I've never added any "plug-in" effects and hoped that someone here could explain how that all works. I'm rather interested in this item: https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/RRERotor--propellerhead-rotor

Obviously, you download it from the vendor/seller and install it on the computer. How does this thing connect/interface with the computer? Does the existing recording software "recognize" it or what?

That won’t work in any DAW except Reason. And ReWire has been discontinued, so there’s no using that, either.

Gentlemen,

I have had two vendors of this plug-in VERIFY that it is indeed compatible with my PreSonus software. So, either they don't know what they're talking about or someone doesn't. Not trying to start a flame war, here. Just saying there's some conflicting information.

I did not see anything in the "tech spec" that suggested it was specific to any software, sorry Manslick

No problem but in the tech spec under format it says works within reason this means it only works in the reason software

I had already looked at that plug-in. It is essentially no different than the one that came with Studio One Artist 4.
What appealed to me with the Reason version was that the rotor speed would actually ramp up and down when changed. The PreSonus version does NOT do that.

I downloaded this one a while back, haven't had a chance to use it yet, but as I remember, it did the ramp up/ramp down speed changes. I put my keyboard away about a year ago, so I can't say how it sounds compared to the Rotor.

Thank you so much for the link!
I also got a reply from Sweetwater showing two other (not free) plug-in products that are compatible with my set-up. At this point, I would consider this thread resolved. Thanks to everyone.

OK, let me re-open this thread. I've been in contact with a rep at Sweetwater.com and they offer the following two plug-ins that are compatible with my set-up.

Has anyone here had any personal experience with either of these products? And again, my main concern with a plug in is it's ability to ramp-up or ramp-down with the rotor speed, as opposed to just a sudden, abrupt speed change.

IMO, the second product might have more "bells and whistles" than really needed, but it does offer a specific speed change parameter.

OK, let me re-open this thread. I've been in contact with a rep at Sweetwater.com and they offer the following two plug-ins that are compatible with my set-up.

Has anyone here had any personal experience with either of these products? And again, my main concern with a plug in is it's ability to ramp-up or ramp-down with the rotor speed, as opposed to just a sudden, abrupt speed change.

IMO, the second product might have more "bells and whistles" than really needed, but it does offer a specific speed change parameter.
Rotary is pretty awesome. You should download the fully-functional 30-day demo to try it out yourself.

Back