Rapping & Acting

BALKI

Doesn't rappin have alot to do with acting & bringing a dif. emotion when you don't feel like that emotion is inside of you? What I'm saying is I've heard alot of Tupac Shakur's stuff & he seems to bring alot of emotion to alot of his songs & that could have alot to do with acting. He was an actor himself & could of learned alot from that. I'm considering taking up acting now & then thowing that into my rap philosophy. If you can add emotion when it's not there in your songs I think it's a def. plus. I wanna learn how do that, and I bet making songs will be alot easier. I heard alot of his songs & most are story telling from books he read & some from stuff he expierenced in life himself, but acting can help you create that emotion when it's not there if you understand what i'm saying. I'm gonna look into this def for sure. This is my weak spot & hopefully it will help other pple out there.

Last edited:
No, the reason 'Pac had emotion in all his rhymes wasn't his acting skills (which were exceptional, especially in Juice.)

That came because he had his heart in all his actions and EVERY WORD he spit was real. Even when he told a story not from his life, it was something that happened to SOMEONE or was a poetic device to describe a greater struggle.

Tupac was not the best rapper ever (Big Pun has that) but he IS the REALEST. He was the greatest MC, because being a "master of ceremonies" is more than just rap skills - it's a mind, body, and soul excercise.

Doesn't rappin have alot to do with acting & bringing a dif. emotion when you don't feel like that emotion is inside of you

no, it's a bout true emotion in a song...believing and/or feeling what you rap about

Mo-Kay said:
no, it's a bout true emotion in a song...believing and/or feeling what you rap about

Exactly. The best music isnt acted, it comes from the heart. If you are passionate about your music, you dont have to act.

Back