radio shack mics

marshall.amps

does radio shack have any good quality mics or even recording stuff or r they just like the department stores CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!i never realy looked at radio shack for anything so i dont know

marshall.amps said:
does radio shack have any good quality mics or even recording stuff or r they just like the department stores CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!i never realy looked at radio shack for anything so i dont know

have a look

then you might know

& can cease filling the board with dumb crap

The Rat Shack used to have a good mic, but it was actually made by Crown. They don't sell it anymore.

i buy parts from the shack, you know like, resistors, capacitors, things i use to build advanced splitters for hooking up 4 marshall stacks.

they have a jigawatt calibrator too.

Three good ones

Hi,

Mostly crap. Avoid anything with the attached cord.

Here are three good ones you can find on ebay.

33-1070 - Omni dynamic - I prefer the 1070b to the 1070a. The 1070c says Shure on the label. I've heard of a 1070d but never seen it. The others appear on ebay frequently and sell for $20 - $30 or less.

33-1080 - Cardiod condenser - Made in Japan - Uses 1.5 AA or two N batteries for more voltage which gives better signal and better signal/noise. Similar to Audio Technica MB4000C another good cheap condenser. I got mine for $20 on ebay.The two N batteries trick also works good with EV PL series mics like the PL76 and the 1776.

33-1090 - This is the famous Crown PZM. Some say they were made by Crown. I have also read that Radio Shack licensed the technology. Originally marketed as a tape recorder mic to record business meetings to cassette. This is a boundary mic that comes mounted on a flat metal plate. It's like an omni condenser. It uses AA batteries in a case that lives on the cord and goes to a 1/4" phone jack. Good sounding, flat, with noise as you would expect from that technology.

There are many modifications to this mic. Some easier. Some harder. It is possible to convert it to a phantom power XLR. Mine is stock. They go for about $50 on ebay. Sometimes you can buy one already modified to XLR.

I have heard some of the later Radio Shack vocal mics like the 33-3001 are good but I have never heard one. Anyone else got one of these?

If anyone has a 1070c or 1070d let me know. I would like to run comparisons on all the 1070 series.

Thanks,

Hairy Larry

TragikRemix said:
i buy parts from the shack, you know like, resistors, capacitors, things i use to build advanced splitters for hooking up 4 marshall stacks.

they have a jigawatt calibrator too.

hey make me one & then pay for the articulated truck it would take to carry marshall's rig

I'll link four of my lovely combos

then again, maybe I won't

or will I??

nah

:D

sign your negs, sign your negs, sign your negs

whoever you are

I got 2 of them I'd reckon at leats one of them was senor amps

oooohh I'm hurt

watermelon said:
It was me.

ooh you swine :D :D

I'm hurt

negging me within 2 posts

how can you live with yourself

are you related to Marshall Amps??

----------------------->exits stage right to sulk :D :D :D

slidey said:
ooh you swine :D :D

I'm hurt

negging me within 2 posts

how can you live with yourself

are you related to Marshall Amps??

----------------------->exits stage right to sulk :D :D :D
Yes. I hope my grey rep scars you for life

watermelon said:
Yes. I hope my grey rep scars you for life

it has I'm still smarting

how will I ever play my xylaphone now..............

water melon negged me :D

HEY apparently big melons is an annagram of mel gibson

MadAudio said:
Yep. The boundary mic they sell now is not nearly as good as the old PZM.
At least the older ones (early 90s) were made in Japan,....not china. As fart as Crown manufacturing them, all I see was that the name PZM was a trademark of Crown. Unless they had a plant in Japan, I dont think Crown actually made them for "the Shack".. I havent had mine out in YEARS. From what I remember they werent,.... that bad. I did upgrade to the camera batteries though. And usually mounted them to a piece of 4x4 plexiglass, for better low end response . I always wanted to do the "xlr" mod, but never got around to it.

slidey said:
sign your negs, sign your negs, sign your negs

whoever you are

I got 2 of them I'd reckon at leats one of them was senor amps

oooohh I'm hurt

ach well it wasn't you this time Melons

I know it's not altogether PC (or mac)

but there's a negger on the loose

hey slidey..

our buddy wants to know how i make the advanced splitter box, he PM'ed me...

he took me seriously.

Back