quick questions from a rookie

varney30

hey fellas. im glad i found the forum and this is my first post. Story is ive been playing guitar and drums for a long time. i dont really have anyone to jam with so i decided i wanted to start recording my own music alone. one track at a time and mix it. I recently bought a new sony vaio comuter. i then went and bought a lexicon interface and cubase le 4 (it came together in a package deal. i know nothing about recording on my own i have only ever used a old school four track. anyways. I am trying to figure how to get it all hooked up. I plug in the interface. installed cubase and it just seems to act funny. When i plug the interface into the usb it is suppose to automatically install the drivers. it tells me the drivers were not found. yet the light are on in the interface. i try recording in cubase. (plugged my les paul directly into the instrument jack of the interface) but it has very poor quality. (scratchy and hissing in the background like im recording it with a damn tape recorder) i dont know where to go from here. please help!

did you check you daw to make sure that it is set up to use the interface..are you watching your meters to make sure that you are not peaking.what sample rate are you recording at..there is more that you have to tell us in order for us to be able to help you..even if you interface is a plug and play device I would think it would still come with a drivers disk..something else you could check..make adjustments to the buffer in the audio settings in your daw.and see if that changes anything

it did come with a driver disk. i run it and i think it is installed correctly . i dont have the meters peaked out. i thought that might have been the problem. im at work now and cant look at it to give you exact numbers. ill have to post when i get home. thank you very much for the help. i will be back on later.

honestly i have tried all these things and am getting nothing. at one time it was telling me it could not start the lambda driver. im searching around and there are busses and everything else that probably arent right. i try to call the lexicon number for help and they refuse to answer the phone. i call at 9 am and the answering machine tells me they are closed yet the hours say they should be open at the time i call. i am stuck. i have never had so many problems installing a software. i have no idea what is going on with this thing

honestly i have tried all these things and am getting nothing. at one time it was telling me it could not start the lambda driver. im searching around and there are busses and everything else that probably arent right. i try to call the lexicon number for help and they refuse to answer the phone. i call at 9 am and the answering machine tells me they are closed yet the hours say they should be open at the time i call. i am stuck. i have never had so many problems installing a software. i have no idea what is going on with this thing

Just relax - things are easier then your not stressed :)

First things first, use the same USB socket for the lexicon everytime you use it. Otherwise you will find issues with drivers.

Secondly I would start from the beginning. Stick the Lexicon CD in and install everything it comes up with - drivers, etc. Now go to cubase and go to the devices menu.

In the devices menu you can select the audio driver. Go through the menu's until you find the bit talking about ASIO's. Select the lexicon ASIO driver in Cubase. Now click on 'advanced' or maybe its 'settings'.

In here you can choose the latency. Set the latency for about 20ms - or something similar - for now, just to see how it goes.

Go back into cubase and setup a mono track and record the guitar. It shouldnt be cracking or poping.

Let me know if that works.

Back