question on what interface

mattrussell1124

ok, so i'm just starting but want to record a full band (drums, at least two guitars, one acoustic, keyboard, and up to 3 or 4 vocalists) i dont need all of them simoultaneously though just as long as i can record a 6 pc drum mic set at one time and probably one other instrument. i was thinking the boss 1600-cd

http://www.bossus.com/index.asp?pg=1&tmp=132

or the motu 828 mkII

www.motu.com

i was thinking that b/c i have a firewire port with a really fast huge hard-drived computer that i bought for this purpose.

so i was just hoping someone could give some advice on what i should do. i know its probably vague but if you want to ask questions just post'em.

thanks, matt

well the boss 1600 is gonna be twice the price, and if you have a good computer as you said, you dont really need all those computer-related features that you pay for on the boss, but it would be great to use standalone. i have the motu 828 mkI, paid like 400 on ebay for it. it works great, but I get skips and pops once in a while, but im positive its on my laptop end... 1.6ghz, 512mbram, but i still havent gotten to the bottom of it! i think im gonna upgrade to the motu 896 unit, like 500-600 on ebay, maybe check that out....

Back