question for sound engineers

Are you insane? We don't even put ketchup on out hot dogs, let alone out pizza. :eek: :D.

At least we put sauce on our pizzas. I don't know how it is in Philly, but there seems to be a horrendous trend across this country to turn pizza into cheese flatbread.

Just head out to Colorado, guys; their sauce tastes more like barbecue sauce than it does pizza sauce .

And, BTW, Chicago is about as Midwest as NYC is New England. It's hilarious, I get only 50 miles out of the city and the real midwesterners can identify me by my city accent, when it's really *they* that have the accent ;) :p. Of course that's south. Go north into cheezeland and it's all "Ya Hey Dere". :)

G.[/QUOTE

Yes, insane. I'm a musician after all.

and I just be kiddin' around----yeah flat bread pizza leaves me flat;)

Just kidding Glen, I've heard that the sauce gets sweeter and less like tomatoes the further west that one goes. I guess that Colorado is the start of the dividing line over to Cali where I believe that they started the trend of putting pineapples on pizza. That's not pizza anymore. It's some sort of fruit abortion on a crust. :eek:

Just kidding Glen, I've heard that the sauce gets sweeter and less like tomatoes the further west that one goes. I guess that Colorado is the start of the dividing line over to Cali where I believe that they started the trend of putting pineapples on pizza. That's not pizza anymore. It's some sort of fruit abortion on a crust. :eek:
No problem, Tom, we're all kidding here :).

Yeah, I have a personal rule about pizza called the three Fs rule. No fish fruit or fungus on pizza. A lot of people will disagree about that, especially the fungus part since a lot of folks like mushrooms, but for me that's just plain too low on the food chain. (And yea, technically tomato is a fruit, but that doesn't count. I never said it was a perfect rule ;) :D)

No, trust me, we like out tomatoes here and we have plenty of them and their flavor in our best pizza sauces.

Yeah, I swear, in Colorado, the pizza sauce tastes like barbecue sauce, when you order onions on your pizza they are always red onions and not bermudas, and in many places, they give you a squeeze bottle of honey to put on the outer crust as "dessert" after you've eaten the business end of the 'za. :rolleyes:

I have no idea how the 'za is in Philly, I'm sure you guys have some great ones out there. Just please don't tell me that you *fold* it before you eat it?!

G.

Yeah, I swear, in Colorado, the pizza sauce tastes like barbecue sauce, when you order onions on your pizza they are always red onions and not bermudas, and in many places, they give you a squeeze bottle of honey to put on the outer crust as "dessert" after you've eaten the business end of the 'za. :rolleyes:

Look...wadda you expect from people who live in an oxygen thin environment! ;)

:D

When we did ski trips to Colorado...that was always the hardest food to find...GOOD pizza!

But...I gotta have my 'shrooms man! :cool:
I mostly like my pizza plain, w/sausage, or w/mushrooms...or a combination of the three....and EASY on the damn cheese...I wanna see and taste some sauce! :)

Look...wadda you expect from people who live in an oxygen thin environment! ;)
LOL, yeah, I guess. ;) I do love it out there, actually, just their pizza is not quite what we east of the Mississippi think of as pizza. Then again, native Sicilians and Italians say the same thing about Philly, NYC and Chicago pizza as well. (But what do they know? ;) ;) ;) )
When we did ski trips to Colorado...that was always the hardest food to find...GOOD pizza!
That and iced tea. I don't know if it's the water or the culture or the altitude, but I couldn't find a glass of iced tea that looked or tasted like anything other than slightly rusty water out there.

When we were in Boulder there was a pizza joint called "Old Chicago" or something like that, that specialized in "authentic Chicago-style" deep dish pizza. When the manager found out through our waitress that we were from Chicago, he came over and asked us what we thought. It wasn't awful, but it was rather off the mark for real Chicago deep dish - though honestly I don't now remember just exactly how. But we told the guy we'd set him up with a real one and let him decide for himself. When we got back to our hotel, we got on the blower and managed to have a Giordano's* deep dish fresh made, iced and sent out to this guy via FedEx. It cost us something like $50 to do that, but we were on a mission from God ;). All he had to do was stick it in the oven and try it for himself. We had to leave town before the pizza arrived, so to this day we have no idea how it turned out or whether it changed his ideas or not, but we figured we did our part at least ;).

Oh, and don't even get me started about the guy in Estes Park that claims to sell Chicago-style italian beef sandwiches. Not even close, even though he had the proper brand of beef (La Scalia's) shipped in.
But...I gotta have my 'shrooms man! :cool:
I mostly like my pizza plain, w/sausage, or w/mushrooms...or a combination of the three....and EASY on the damn cheese...I wanna see and taste some sauce! :)
I can understand the shrooms, I let people slide on that. And if I find shrooms on my pizza, I won't pick that many off. I have no real problem with the flavor, I just have this unfair bias against eating something so low on the food chain. just a personal thing.

I'm a bell pepper, onion and peperoni guy myself, in any combination, and the peperoni has to be on top of the cheese and not in it or under it so it gets nice and crispy around the edges.

I don;t have a problem with lots of cheese, as long as the sauce is there to match it. So many pizzas these days seem to be cheese and bread with a thin watery, spotty layer of something pinkish that's supposed to pass for sauce, if even that much. Hogwash! If that's what I wanted, I'd order cheese bread and not pizza! Give me some cheese if you want, but there had better be just as much sauce. It's like peanut butter and jelly; you have to have fair proportions of both.

G.

*We would have preferred to send out a Pizzaria Uno pizza, but they didn't ship out at the time.

1019.jpg

Amen, halfred!

It occurs to me that pizza is also a lot like sex because men want it more often than women.

:D

G.

Meh, forget the pineapples, talk about spicy peanut sauce on "Thai Pizza", and other calamities.

Although, I must say, I am partial to garlic based white sauce... Yummy!

Unless you are recording cricket farts I can't imagine mic self-noise actually being an issue. Preamps usually generate much more noise then the mics. In most mixes it isn't an issue.

If you are trying to record very quiet sources then a good preamp is a must.

Unless you are recording cricket farts I can't imagine mic self-noise actually being an issue. Preamps usually generate much more noise then the mics. In most mixes it isn't an issue.

If you are trying to record very quiet sources then a good preamp is a must.

OK.

I don't know nothin' about crickets, but friend, if you are ever around the following, make sure you bring quiet mics with you

Top 10 animals that fart :eek:
1.Termites
2.Camels
3.Zebras
4.Sheep
5.Cows
6.Elephants
7.Labradors/Retrievers
8.Humans (vegetarian)
9.Humans (others)
10.Gerbils

Back