Question about dx4d

sorry Blue Jinn...now they are 800x 450....
Oh nooooo The transformer's number is 5320017000...and i can't see any voltage switch selector close to it..i guess that was it..:(:(
A big ''THANK YOU'' anyway...

Last edited:
It probably makes sense to stick with the external transformer. Replacing the transformer in the unit would be too much work for the benefit IMHO. FWIW, I have a Yamaha TX802 spec'd for the European market. I have to use a step up transformer, and it has a continental style plug.

Hi everyone, I know this is an old thread but my question is related. I have a 3440 TEAC machine and a tascam 4x4d dbx unit. The dbx unit is modified to work with any machine, but I was wondering since the control connector is the same is it possible to mod the 4x4d to work with auto switching with the teac?

Hi everyone, I know this is an old thread but my question is related. I have a 3440 TEAC machine and a tascam 4x4d dbx unit. The dbx unit is modified to work with any machine, but I was wondering since the control connector is the same is it possible to mod the 4x4d to work with auto switching with the teac?
If the unit has been modded, there is not reason to use the control cable. Just hook up the in/outs properly and use it.

I think what the OP is asking is if the DX-4D is reverted back to stock, can it be connected to the A-3440 control port and expect it to work the same as the RX-9 noise reduction unit specific to the A-3440. Do I have that right?

I think what the OP is asking is if the DX-4D is reverted back to stock, can it be connected to the A-3440 control port and expect it to work the same as the RX-9 noise reduction unit specific to the A-3440. Do I have that right?
I don't know about the control compatibility but my point is that there is no reason to put the unit back to stock. If modded to have both encode and decode on at all times, it will work with any recorder it's patched into. Furthermore, without having to wait for whatever switch time is involved when stock, punch in/outs will be faster and only limited by how fast the machine it's working with is. In other words, if it works, don't fix it.

Back