Question about compressor pedals

As a follow-up question (please let me know if I should start a separate question here) - How many of you guitarists out there actually prefer to use a compressor pedal for your live stuff? I know it's much more commonly used for recording.
If you use it for live stuff, what type of live stuff do you play? And same question for those who don't use it for live stuff...?
a compressor can make you sound more confident and even..absolutely use one.

i play everything

if you use it recording, wouldnt you use it live? try to sound like you, man

Pedals are garbage. Go rack. most rack chains for guitar will start -> open space-comp-limit-exciter-mtap-revb

my rack units, are lower bit. but you can stretch the reverbs to white noise..cool for vocals. or adding air to anything.
any korg from the A's, or DL series, the PCM's from lexicon, or like a Roland RSP-550..

Last edited:
a compressor can make you sound more confident and even..absolutely use one.

i play everything

if you use it recording, wouldnt you use it live? try to sound like you, man

Pedals are garbage. Go rack. most rack chains for guitar will start -> open space-comp-limit-exciter-mtap-revb

my rack units, are lower bit. but you can stretch the reverbs to white noise..cool for vocals. or adding air to anything.
any korg from the A's, or DL series, the PCM's from lexicon, or like a Roland RSP-550..
Thanks for the reply. Yeah I think I'm starting to hear how much of a difference it could make. Just needed to understand this particular pedal...

I really don't use it for recording. Have just tried screwing around with it live over the last few weeks...
Though I take it you're saying if it's typically used for recording, y not also live?... Makes sense...

My effects pedals are enough for my purposes for the foreseeable future methinks... Also have an HX Stomp XL which as far as I know is pretty much just like the Helix rack with less blocks... and it works pretty well with the analog pedals...

My effects pedals are enough for my purposes for the foreseeable future methinks... Also have an HX Stomp XL which as far as I know is pretty much just like the Helix rack with less blocks... and it works pretty well with the analog pedals...
modeling is ok. i havent found a guitar amp VST that emulates biasing for plate voltage clipping..

the suhr reactive load at least gets you the power amp sounds..plugged in after the power section to an eight ohm input.

yeah, youll figure this stuff out.

and i say everything sucks after 94'..im joking sorta..sorta not.

Back