PureMix / Sonnox Mixing Contest!

Chater-La

Get ready to have some fun and win some prizes along the way!

PureMix_contest.jpg

Brief Rules:
1. Create a pureMix account and download the stems. By entering this contest and downloading those tracks, you hereby agree to join Sonnox' newsletter who is sponsoring this event.
2. You can use any DAW, any plugins, anything you like. The point is to mix the existing production, not to fix what you don't like about it, just like if you were hired to do it by the producer. Special exception for old school Acoustic Polka remixes.
3. Upload your mix of the stems on the pureMix Cloud on or before June 1st 2014.
4. Share your thoughts, techniques and impressions on this thread right here.
5. The pureMix team will pick the 3 mixes they like best. The 3 winners will win a Sonnox Essential Bundle.
6. As the Zen masters always say: the joy is in the journey not in the destination. Don't enter to win, enter to have a go at mixing a great NYC style production. Three of you will get the extra joy of winning Sonnox plug-ins for their effort.

Best of all Free download to professional NY style sounding tracks with Amber Skye :-)

Good luck to all!

Last edited:
Hello Jaketanner,
In the rules you can read: "The point is to mix the existing production, not to fix what you don't like about it, just like if you were hired to do it by the producer."
So you do what you have to do in order to deliver a good mix to your client.

As a 'mixing contest', you shouldn't have to add to add too many tracks. You have too match the producer's initial vision.

@jayce8
There are multiple ways to find out depending on the DAW you used.
You have to put yourself in the shoes of a mixing engineer who was called by a producer who needs help achieving his vision of the track. Your goal is to deliver a song that the producer will like based on what he has already done. If you think that mastering the track will help achieve his vision, then feel free to do it.

Wooo!!! I'm pretty excited

Just Uploaded my mix to the cloud, Im really keen. Fingers crossed you guys like it.. :thumbs up::thumbs up::thumbs up:

Screen Shot 2014-05-17 at 2.20.40 pm.png

I used Logic Pro X for my mix, I mainly used logic's native plugins but also used, Molot Compressor, FX pansion - Single Mault, Tokyo Dawn Labs - Slick Eq and I think also used a 3rd party limiter at one point :confused::confused:

Anyway was pretty fun, this was a good chance to really explore the power of Logic's Native plugins and I really hope you guys enjoy it :)

Screen Shot 2014-05-17 at 2.20.56 pm.png

@jayce8
There are multiple ways to find out depending on the DAW you used.
You have to put yourself in the shoes of a mixing engineer who was called by a producer who needs help achieving his vision of the track. Your goal is to deliver a song that the producer will like based on what he has already done. If you think that mastering the track will help achieve his vision, then feel free to do it.

Ok , you're right !

I had a great time mixing Howlin - submitted my mix Thursday. Is there a way to hear what others have done? When I hit the Puremix cloud it only shows my mix on it. Also, thank you for hosting another mixing event - I know it must be hard work on you and your staff, but it has done wonders for us!!

The PureMix fb post stated that the mix contains 92 tracks. The 5 zip files I downloaded only contained 90 tracks. Where are the other two tracks? Thanks.

Hi all you guys!

New to this site and my nam eis Anders and I am from sweden. Is working with music and teaching music all day :-)

Just found the mixing contest and registered here for it. How do I share the song in this thread and discuss it.

Best regards
Anders

Are we alowed to post our mixes on other servers such as soundcloud? Or is there an easy way to link to the purecloud? As I said, I´m new to this site and competition so I hope you bare with my dumb questions. Would be great if I could get some feedback on the mix.

I mixed the track and joined competition.
In my opinion it is only fair to not publish the songs until competition is finished. But I would love to hear the results of all mixers, after the competition is completed. Hope they will post it.

Happy mixing.

Back