Ps520 power supply

Thrust

I am in need of a schematic for a ps520 power supply. I found one and I need to convert it for use with a System 8. Thanks in advance. You guys have been extremely helpful in the resurection of my old system 8.

To what does the PS520 mate please?

I see it's for the M520.

I'd check with Cory, Sweetbeats, top see if he has a schematic.

Thrust,

You asked me in a PM about the 3 contacts on the filter caps?

Can you put up a pic?

I can't recall whether I ran across that in either of my PS-520 rebuilds or mods...chances are its a second ground lug and I can tell from the traces...I don't have access to my picture library ATM so if you can post a pic that would help.

143381d1257747885-3-lead-electrolytic-caps-100_3151.jpg"]

I attempted to post a link to a photo but I apparently didnt get it right . But to explain it appears like a normal cap with leads at 9 12 and 3 oclock posistions. Also they all have some sort of adhesive stabilizing each cap to the circut board.

the answer is on the PCB. See if two of the leads share the same trace, or if one goes to nothing.

The glue is normal and will typically break free after removing the solder and then gently rocking the cap.

Thrust,

I was able to dig up an old picture from one of my PS-520 rebuilds and indeed the stock primary filter caps have three leads, but like that thread you linked suggests the third lead at the "12 o'clock" position is for mounting stability...it may be a duplicate of the negative lead but it is not critical to the PCB because the "12 o'clock" leads on those 3 caps are not connected to any traces on the PCB. If you look at the PCB you'll see that those three lands are totally isolated. So you can just get regular old two-lead caps and install them as appropriate and you'll be fine, "-" to "-" and "+" to "+".

Thanks again for all the invaluable help. Finished the recap with panasonic FC caps and the power supply is at a techs right now being converted for use with my A&H System8.

Back