ProTools in the field

dean1964

Has anyone here ever run an HD rig for live recording? What issues have you had? Do you find it stable enough for one shot concerts with a track count of 32 or higher? What was your back up and how did you implement the system?

Has anyone here ever run an HD rig for live recording? What issues have you had? Do you find it stable enough for one shot concerts with a track count of 32 or higher? What was your back up and how did you implement the system?

Yeh, I've used an HD a couple of times for live recordings. Worked fine. Just make sure you don't have any system issues. Can't remember exact track count, but it was probably more than 24.

Just make sure you got some fast drives!

Backup.....was to an MX2424 once, and to a RADAR another time.

HD would be fine for recording live. Its even better if they have a Venue or Profile. :)

However, make SURE you have a backup of some sort. Most likely a hard-drive recorder is going to fit ya best. Maybe a RADAR or one of the Alesis, Tascam, or Mackie harddrive recording units. Personally, I love RADARS (I think the conversion is phenomenal on them), but they're a bit expensive. :)

Brandon

Back