ProtectOn

altiris

Ok I’m not advertising for this company. We bought this software at my work called protectOn. This software rolls back the PC to its previous state either manual, restart, weekly, daily annual, or on a day of the week. So whatever changes you make weather a virus or you screwed up you machine you can restore your PC back to the way it was. If you need to save just save to a different hard drive. I think this would be great for a DAW. Set it to restore every restart and your machine will run like it did when you first bought it provided you do with a fresh reload. Just save your projects to another drive other than your C. when you want to install new software just shutdown the ProtecOn make the changes and turn it back on. The only drawback is that there is only one restore point. Whould anyone think this would be good for a DAW so that it runs at it s best?There’s a demo version on their site.
ProtectOn

Windows already has this option, it's called system restore and you can have more than one restore point..... :cool:

Edit: I was not being a smart ass! :D

Carter said:
Windows already has this option, it's called system restore and you can have more than one restore point..... :cool:

Edit: I was not being a smart ass! :D
yes it does but this software restores it right a boot up taking only a couple of seconds and you can set it up to do this every restart so you run like new everytime

altiris said:
yes it does but this software restores it right a boot up taking only a couple of seconds and you can set it up to do this every restart so you run like new everytime

Now that sounds pretty cool, I'll have to check this out...

altiris said:
Ok I’m not advertising for this company. We bought this software at my work called protectOn.

Hey then why is you name in front of the software on the website? and I also see that you are a Network Tech.... HHHHMMMMMMMM I hope this isnt spam but it does look like a cool program.....

http://www.teacherbuy.com/html/protect.html

Protect Your Open-Access Computer Environment
Altiris Protect is an easy-to-use system configuration management solution that enables administrators of open-access or multiple-user computers to save time and money, and provide enhanced usability for their users.

No im not spamming :) I use a program from altiris at work. thats where I got the name from. I can rebuild a PC or a whole 25 PC lab with all its programs with in an hour. well about 4 hours for the lab with this program and upload new programs in the background with out interupting the user. I dont know maybe ProtectOn is made by the same company

Back