Pros DO use behringer stuff!

noisedude said:
I thought that distortion pedal was a Behringer one, then I thought the thread was a joke about the Behringer ones being clones of the Boss ones ...... then I eventually spotted that he's actually just using a MIDI controller board. Er ........ right.

Go back to sleep dood of noise!

NO!

Behringer rocks. And I dig the lights behind the tube, it gives me that warm fuzzy feeling.

Last edited:
just because

a "pro" uses something does not in any way, shape, or form make it good. I mean hell, McCartney used a Hofner bass because it was the cheapest bass he could fine and about the only bass he could fine at the time. Now, Im a big Beatles fan, but they suck ( Hofners).....but now since it was "The Beatles" bass its cool. People hear with there eyes a lot of times. Maybe I'm just in a bad mood :cool:

RecTechMin said:
why are homerecordists crapping on behringer? with racks filled with presonus, art, studio projects, samson, etc. -- it smells of pot....calling the kettle black, that is!

You speak the truth!!!

"Gee, Behringer really sucks, dude, I would go with a Mackie man"

Why not an MCI or a Amek? You know, something really good, dude?

i will never cease saying it, no i don't earn money to flame on behringer, but even the headphoneamp i used is TOTAL CRAP, compared to my OZaudio qmix i got at home the powerplay (im using in a different studio) is noizy, hissing, some buttons crack, sometimes one of the L or R channels falls out,
tweak the buttons and you hear schshchsrhrhshsrhhschc

and this is not in the same studio where i used that MX9000 thats falling apart

once again: i will ALWAYS REFUSE TO BUY BEHRINGER !

.period.....even if you're on your period

Not a fan

I would like to say that although I wouldn't trust most behringer gear as far as I could throw it, they do have a few pieces of gear that you really can't beat for the price. The v-amp 2 is definitely comperable to a pod 2.0. Now, I would never cut permanent tracks through this thing, but lets say you only have a live room and need to cut temp direct tracks until you can make the room available for amps. This is a cheap and easy answer for the price. Also the headphone amp is super cheap and works just as well as any I've ever used. Keep in mind that I have plenty of high end gear, but I think the point is...If you can save hundreds of dollars on something that works fine and has no effect on your finished product, you may as well use it. A few hundred saved here means you can put it somewhere that does affect your recording like a clock, mic or pre...Let's hope behrenger never makes a clock...:D
That's my 2 cents.

earworm said:
i will never cease saying it, no i don't earn money to flame on behringer, but even the headphoneamp i used is TOTAL CRAP, compared to my OZaudio qmix i got at home the powerplay (im using in a different studio) is noizy, hissing, some buttons crack, sometimes one of the L or R channels falls out,
tweak the buttons and you hear schshchsrhrhshsrhhschc

and this is not in the same studio where i used that MX9000 thats falling apart

once again: i will ALWAYS REFUSE TO BUY BEHRINGER !

.period.....even if you're on your period

I just wanted to say about the headphone amp, that the one I have here is super quiet w/ not a single problem and it is 2 years old. I am accustomed to using a furman in a few other studios and I have had no difference between the two except obviously the ability to make your own headphone mix. Possibly the one at the other place has been poorly cared for? I definitely will say that OZ audio makes some rockin stuff. Not many people know about them. They also make some sweet car audio stuff

ok, i gotto add that the little studios where i use berrie equipment there are people working 6 days a week , 12 hours a day.... so all the machines get used alot! so yeah, if u got behringer in your homestudio it might last real long... but i've had too many bad experiences, just dont like :rolleyes:

Have you guys seen their new BOSS effects pedal ripoffs?
They're only about $20 usd.

I love it when companies ripoff another design and sell it cheaper!

I bought the small v-tone for my daughter as a practice amp and found some great tones while playing my strat through it that I'll be micing in my studio. Cheap doesn't always mean crap. Remember the original Danelectro line?!! I think a guitar used by Jimmy Page to record the song Kashmir is worthy of mention no matter how cheaply made.

The small V-Tone is a nice enough little starter amp, much better than most of its competitors. But that doesn't mean I'm going to buy crucial gear from Behringer - I know better than to waste my money on their analogue mixers or the majority of their rackmount gear.

I'll take a squint at the FX pedals, but I'm fairly pissed off that they couldn't be arsed making their own designs and just stole them off Roland.

Back