Pros DO use behringer stuff!

Yeah, I've had mixed thoughts on Behri stuff... on one hand, I love the HA4700 headphone amp I've got - lots of useful features and controls (although the S/N ratio gets worse as you get closer to the power supply side... go figure). On the other hand, the digital EQ and 4-channel compressor I use at a local church SUCK. Half of the EQ's features didn't work right off the bat (brand new), and the compressors have some annoying bugs as well. That said, I've used a couple of crossovers from the B people that have always worked flawlessly. It's real hit or miss with this stuff - I'll use it occasionally, but in the recording chain? Hell no.

Its an incredible headphone amp for $100. Best deal out there anywhere for new gear that functions well and sounds good and is a neccesary item. Cant beat it for twice the price.

I guess I feel like I'd trust stuff from Behringer that's pretty simple - headphone amps, patchbays, crossovers, that sort of thing. Once they start getting into things like mixers, preamps, and that sort of thing where there's more "artistry" in the electronics... well, that's where I start to doubt. I guess that's just the opinion I've kind of come up with.

MadAudio said:
I just remembered seeing a picture of Steve Vai using the FCB1010 (MIDI foot controller).

I'm curious about this. I have to doubt it, somehow. Maybe a Behringer ad or something. Surely someone like Vai would have his own custom board, and regardless of cost.

Well as you can see by the Steve Vai picture, some people care more about making music than they do about putting their nose up at gear that works - just because some gear snob says it isn't "good enough". I keep telling you guys. MUSIC is the artwork. Gear is just the brush...

Or to look at it another way.
Which would you rather look at: a high resolution, super fine photo of a pile of dogshit taken with a vintage, ultra rare, large format, film camera (technically, all analog of course!!!) with a carl zeis lens, or a picture of Eva Longoria naked on a bed, taken with a panasonic digital camera at 4.0 megapixels?

Some people here (you know who they are), would most likely marvel at the grain and detail in the photo of dogshit, and say things like "Only large format film cameras capture this kind of detail! What a lens that camera has!" The general public would say, hmm...a pile of dogshit. eww. But how much for that picture of eva longoria???

amra said:
Well as you can see by the Steve Vai picture, some people care more about making music than they do about putting their nose up at gear that works - just because some gear snob says it isn't "good enough". I keep telling you guys. MUSIC is the artwork. Gear is just the brush...

Or to look at it another way.
Which would you rather look at: a high resolution, super fine photo of a pile of dogshit taken with a vintage, ultra rare, large format, film camera (technically, all analog of course!!!) with a carl zeis lens, or a picture of Eva Longoria naked on a bed, taken with a panasonic digital camera at 4.0 megapixels?

Some people here (you know who they are), would most likely marvel at the grain and detail in the photo of dogshit, and say things like "Only large format film cameras capture this kind of detail! What a lens that camera has!" The general public would say, hmm...a pile of dogshit. eww. But how much for that picture of eva longoria???

I got some great Behringer gear for sale like the Ultrabass, The Edison & the Intelligate!! I'll give you the bargain basement price of $495.23 for all 3!!!
If you're interested, I'll throw in a autographed 8x10 photo of Supreme Underlord & Master-Copier, ULI BEHRINGER!!!

BTW, here's a look at Beh's MIC 2200 UltraGain Pro 2-chan mic-preamp with a 12AX7 "dual triode vacuum tube" for warmth and clarity! (courtesy of long-time member, BUCK62!)

Attachments

• ultragain-tube.jpg
    ultragain-tube.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 154
Now check it out when you take it apart (again, a big shout-out to BUCK62)!!

Attachments

• tube-glow.jpg
    tube-glow.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 159
Need I say more!?

Behringer truly defines "STARVED PLATE DESIGN"!!!

That's a d@mn shame!

'Nuff said!

Thx again Buck!

MISTERQCUE said:
Now check it out when you take it apart (again, a big shout-out to BUCK62)!!

Ha thats ridiculous. Little lights behind the tubes to make them appear to glow, now I've seen it all. Pump some juice in that fucker, damn.

How ya doing Q? Still harrasing the membership I see. Keep up the good work.

On the other hand, lights or no lights, that preamp sounds better than a Great River NV.

tubedude said:
Ha thats ridiculous. Little lights behind the tubes to make them appear to glow, now I've seen it all. Pump some juice in that fucker, damn.

How ya doing Q? Still harrasing the membership I see. Keep up the good work.

On the other hand, lights or no lights, that preamp sounds better than a Great River NV.

WASSSSSSUP BRUTHA TOOB-DOOD!! HOWYA' BEEN!

Yeah man, I'm still trying to educate the uninformed about Beh's line of crappy line of equipment!
If I can "save" 1 person from wasting their hard-earned $$ on that sh#t, than it would be all well worth it! :D ;)

I thought that distortion pedal was a Behringer one, then I thought the thread was a joke about the Behringer ones being clones of the Boss ones ...... then I eventually spotted that he's actually just using a MIDI controller board. Er ........ right.

Back