Problems with Sonar X2 and EZdrummer

Kvaastod

Hello, its my first time posting here and i already searched intensely for my problem, but with no actual results.
I have Sonar X2, and EzDrummer. I open a blank project, Insert soft synths-> ezdrummer, then 8 tracks appear + 1 Midi track.
I proceed to open the Ezdrummer interface, i can play and hear the grooves. But when i drag and drop them into the midi track, there is no sound. I can see the sound bars going up and down on some tracks, and i only hear the hi-hats. (Normally i couldn't hear anyhting) I can't hear anything else.
All the tracks are IN->EZdrummer track, and OUT->Master. The track MIDI is IN->Omni (no more options), Out->2-EZdrummer (when i put MS-GS Wavetable synth, i can hear all the tracks in piano form).

Please help me step by step how to hear the drag-and-drop files compeletly. I just want to make some drum tracks to play guitar with.

I don't think i have this thing nicely configured.
Please HELP!!!

Thank you in advance.

PS1: One more thing, when i 'freeze synth, in the EzDrummer on the right side, it starts to mixing audion down in the wave form, and then i can hear everything. But not on real time to compose some drag and drop grooves. After the freeze synth. I can't even hear the cymbals, nothing. The only track that has bars is the midi track, and no sound.

PS2: When i press play, and press the 'input echo' i can hear all the tracks for a milisecond, then only the cymbals again.

Please HELP!
Sorry for my english.

Last edited:
I'm using that same configuration and not having any problem.

Check the EZDrummer mixer and make sure you don't have any solo or mute buttons engaged in the app.

I'm using that same configuration and not having any problem.

Check the EZDrummer mixer and make sure you don't have any solo or mute buttons engaged in the app.

I think this suggestion is a good place to start... but it sounds like the audio from ezdrummer is being dropped in some manner. What mode are your sound drivers? I only use ASIO because that's what my interface operates on, but in the past I'd choose ASIO over other options because it just seemed to work best.

I'm using X2 and Superior Drummer, also zero issues [superior drummer is so easy to use in X2 compared to the setup needed in Sonar 8.5, my previous DAW].

Check the Midi channel numbers for all of your notes in Sonar's PRV.
They must match whichever channel EZD is set to receive

Back