problem with midi setup?

mcl116

I was trying to setup my midi keyboard today and ran into some problems. I plug my midi keyboard in via usb and add it to the midi devices no problem. Then I plugged in my interface, which my headphones are connected to. i can see from the meters that cubase is reading the midi keyboard, but I'm not getting any sound through my headphones. Then I tried starting over, if I leave my interface plugged in, cubase won't allow me to select the midi keyboard in midi device window. How can I set it up so that I can play my midi keyboard via usb and monitor it via my headphones which are connected to my interface. Please help! Thanks!

. i can see from the meters that cubase is reading the midi keyboard, but I'm not getting any sound through my headphones.

What sound source are you using?? I read from another post that you have an M-Audio 40. That is a keyboard controller and does not generate any sounds. You need a VSTi or a separate sound module.

Please don't double post in the forums. Pick the one forum that best matches your topic and post there. I deleted your same post from the newbies section.

Thanks,

What sound source are you using?? I read from another post that you have an M-Audio 40. That is a keyboard controller and does not generate any sounds. You need a VSTi or a separate sound module.

Please don't double post in the forums. Pick the one forum that best matches your topic and post there. I deleted your same post from the newbies section.

Thanks,

yea I had selected a vsti from cubase, the rock piano one to be exact...

Back