problem with guitar rig

Yvon

When I play with guitar rig I have a feed back that it's there all the time. As soon as I play a note I get a feed back. I tried different settings, I play with the different volume. I can't here my process sound (I can hear my clean guitar in my speakers) and the feed back is always there.

I have an audiophile 2496 sound card, winXP

What can I do to get rid of that feed back?
Guitar rig work fine as a plugin with cubase but so I can't use in real time

Thank you for helping me!

i just downloaded amplitube uno and I have the exact same problem.
Even before i start playing, my guitar was not even pluged and i heard the same feedback.
I guess it is in my sound card setteings somewhere.
I have no idea though

Just to clarify, it is feedback, not a hissing noise, or noise you would get from a distorted guitar amplifier? I only ask because my ex-bass player was a really, really stupid guy, and whenever we would go and record, whenever we had noise problems he would say "dude, duh, er... its feeding back" and he just couldn't get it. He was actually a decent player, though. :)

P.S. I don't mean to imply that you're stupid, either. Sorry if I came across like that. :p

tourettes5139 said:
Just to clarify, it is feedback, not a hissing noise, or noise you would get from a distorted guitar amplifier? I only ask because my ex-bass player was a really, really stupid guy, and whenever we would go and record, whenever we had noise problems he would say "dude, duh, er... its feeding back" and he just couldn't get it. He was actually a decent player, though. :)

P.S. I don't mean to imply that you're stupid, either. Sorry if I came across like that. :p

well, I am a bass player :D

It's not really feed back, like I said I hear the sound even though no instrument are pluged. It's just a very high tone very similar to feed back.

Got a high pass filter that you could turn on? Maybe even EQ out the frequency? Man, I hate trying to eliminate the noise without destroying the music.

only guitar rig replyed!!
ANd this is the answer,

It seems that quite possibly the inputs are either swapped or that the levels are set so high that there is a feedback signal. Check the M-Audio control panel. Has there been any configuration of the ‘Audio and Midi setting’? It is possible that the default soundcard is set to the built-in device or interface, or maybe the mic input is set really high or you are using a built-in mic. I would need to speak with you about your system and your settings in order to give a more precise response.

it seem like I tried every combiantion in my M-audio card. It's still there. Maybe if I post some pictures of my settings someone ehre could help me?

arcaxis said:
Do you have any other sound card besides the Audiophile 2496 that may have it's own Volume control/mixer. If so, mute these as well if the feedback didn't go away in the Audiophile control panel.

Thats a good idea. Windows has a built in mixer, and that may have something to do with it. Its under sound and audio devices in the control panel. Then click "advanced" under "device volume" and the mixer should pop up. (You may already know about this, but I thought I'd put it up anyway. Just in case.)

I had a similar problem where the click track would still come through my laptop speakers, even though I was using a firewire interface. It was frustrating becuase I always forget to mute the AC 97 before I turn on my interface, and then it switches to the interface, and I can't control the AC 97 after it switches. Grrrr.... Anyway, thats enough of my whining.

Oh yeah, I play bass quite a bit too. :p

I already tried but I did it again, I mute everything in the windows mixer and I still have the same problem.
I tried something else thoguh. I went in control panel/sounds and devices/ voice/test hardware

and I can adjust the recording volume and it's way too loud. I don't know if it has anything to do with my problem though.

another thing also, when I play I can here the process osund even though the feed back is has loud as the process signal. But I can also hear my unprocess sound through the speaker.
Again, I have no idea if it has anything to do with it.

I just fix the same problem i was having - Switch off Phantom Power (+48V) on you audio interface - you want in on to power a condenser microphone but not on for the guitar. hopefully this will fix your problem too?

Back