• USB problem

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Faulty mixer

• Configuration issue

• Total voters

Jakethepeg

I can play mp3 via stereo line in and hear it perfectly on main out, control room and headphones. When I play sound on computer connected to mixer via usb, I can only hear it properly on main out. It is very faint and distorted on headphones and control room. So sound is getting there via usb but not playing properly through headphones and control room. I checked usb driver, 48khz and 16bit settings etc and recording from mixer to computer - it is all fine. I am operating the 2-TR USB buttons correctly (I believe) - what could the problem be? Is this config or a faulty mixer? Appreciate your help if anybody has come across such a problem and can recommend solution, thx

In the 'source' panel, make sure the red button (2-tr/USB) is pressed. If you want playback to go through the mains, press the other red button (2-tr/USB to main).

The 'main mix' faders will then control the level.

It looks as if the source will automatically go to "Phones/ Ctrl Room", so you should just need to use that knob to adjust level n you rheadphones (or speakers if you have them connected to that output).

If you have done all that and you are still not getting much, maybe look at thee computer itself for settings that might affect ouput.

Thx, done that, and ensured correct 2tr/usb button setting. I can use the knob to adjust the level of headphones but the sound changes from very faint to less but more distorted faint, so does not resolve the issue. Computer config is fine, and as I said played through MAIN OUT is fine so sound does get to the mixer ok, but problem lies in playing sound through mixer headphones or CONTROL ROOM. Any other ideas? Has anybody tried and succeeded at doing this? Thx

What DAW are you using? Is that configured to see the Xenyx as an output device?

Also, maybe you could try feeding something through the 2-tr RCA inputs to check out the integrity of the routing from source to wherever.

PC running windows 10 and basic recording software. In the basic test I am running, I am just playing a song on youtube to see if sound routes to mixer as sound setting for playback and recording is correctly set to USB. I will try the USB RCA input as you suggest but I am not sure how to do and what will it test? Do you know if there is some console diagnostic software that runs through usb which one could use to communicate with mixer firmware?

I have an X1204USB which should be similar to X1832USB for routing. I set it up using Reaper as an audio source (Output - USB Audio CODEC). I can get audio through to the headphones in two different ways. MAIN MIX from the main bus or via USB.
Do not SOLO any channels or FX
- MAIN MIX: SOURCE button: MAIN MIX depressed, others out; 2-TR/USB to MAIN depressed ; MAIN MIX faders control what gets to the headphones
- USB: SOURCE button: 2-TR/USB depressed, others out; 2-TR/USB out (if depressed and fader is moved an audio cancelation occurs at some positions of the fader); MAIN MIX faders do not control what gets to the headphones

Are you trying to record a track back to the DAW at the same time your trying to hear the USB audio?

Many thanks arcaxis
I followed steps you outlined
In Main Mix option, I get sound on headphones but it continues to be faint and muffled and main mix fades do control the level.
In USB config option, if I do not have 2TR/USB to Main depressed I do not get any sound despite depressing 2TR/USB in Source and releasing Main Mix (up).

At the moment I am just trying to get sound from computer and mix with mic and monitor on headphones. I will worry about recording after I resolve what seems to be basic setup !

Anything else you would recommend?

Are you able to select ASIO, rather than ASIO4ALL?
Thx gecko zzed
I have tried to install ASIOTOWASAPI but made no difference.
It is interesting that even with ASIO4ALL this does not appear in the device manager. All I get is USB Audio Codec without mention of ASIO4ALL.
Behringer shared this video 'understanding Signal Flow' from their knowledge base (on youtube) which is super helpful to aid understanding, but even when I followed instructions in video I get same issue. You see I do get sound from usb and I am also able to record to DAW, but sound on control room/phone for playback from DAW is hardly audible and hissy even at full fader level setting.

Just hooked up the mixer to my Win10 PC and got Reaper up. If you haven't looked at the Win10 sound settings, make sure of the volume settings as these may affect what gets sent back to the mixer (see attached image) Yes, the USB Audio CODEC is what you should be using, as there are no ASIO drivers for the mixer.
Certainly would have been helpful on Behringer's part to have a block diagram in the manual.

Screenshot is Advanced sound options at bottom of basic sound setting page

Attachments

• win10 sound settings.jpg
    win10 sound settings.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 3
Back