Problem in Cooledit .... edit view wont play sound!:(

Jan5426

Hey, i have big problem...

Ive tested it on my 2 computers,
my work laptop (XP) and home pc (WIN7)
on my XP all works great, but WIN 7 gives me trouble...
so where is the trouble?

Here -->
I've recorded track with LINE6 Backtrack (WAV. format)
and putten it on my computer .
So on WIN7 i have strange problem it doesnt want to play sound in EDIT VIEW...(track goes on,it shows sound but doesnt play it)
however in multitrack view it does play it...

Does anyone know why?
Btw on XP works great but that is company computer and i cant use it at home for personal purpuses(recording) :/

Hey, i have big problem...

Ive tested it on my 2 computers,
my work laptop (XP) and home pc (WIN7)
on my XP all works great, but WIN 7 gives me trouble...
so where is the trouble?

Here -->
I've recorded track with LINE6 Backtrack (WAV. format)
and putten it on my computer .
So on WIN7 i have strange problem it doesnt want to play sound in EDIT VIEW...(track goes on,it shows sound but doesnt play it)
however in multitrack view it does play it...

Does anyone know why?
Btw on XP works great but that is company computer and i cant use it at home for personal purpuses(recording) :/

I suggest the following troubleshooting steps:

1.) Launch the program.
2.) Go to Options -- Device Properties
3.) Under "Wave Out". Make sure you have selected the proper sound card in Windows 7, possibly it is set to the onboard card not your real PCI soundcard so you need to confirm.
4.) Also under "Wave out" , Make sure that this is checked "Use this device in Edit view", the device is referring to the correct audio sound card that you intend to use not the onboard sound card.

If the above troubleshooting does not work, make sure Windows 7 detected the sound card, so you need to go to Device manager and confirm if the sound card has been throughly detected and installed without issues in Windows 7. If you are not familiar in how to open the device manager, please refer to this guide: http://pcsupport.about.com/od/windows7/f/open-device-manager-windows-7.htm

If Windows 7, detected the card and currently using it; try to play a couple of songs in Windows media and make sure you hear the playback. If yes, then most likely the problem is related to incompatibility issues between Cool edit and Windows 7 as what previous posters are referring to.

Good luck!

I suggest the following troubleshooting steps:

1.) Launch the program.
2.) Go to Options -- Device Properties
3.) Under "Wave Out". Make sure you have selected the proper sound card in Windows 7, possibly it is set to the onboard card not your real PCI soundcard so you need to confirm.
4.) Also under "Wave out" , Make sure that this is checked "Use this device in Edit view", the device is referring to the correct audio sound card that you intend to use not the onboard sound card.

If the above troubleshooting does not work, make sure Windows 7 detected the sound card, so you need to go to Device manager and confirm if the sound card has been throughly detected and installed without issues in Windows 7. If you are not familiar in how to open the device manager, please refer to this guide: http://pcsupport.about.com/od/windows7/f/open-device-manager-windows-7.htm

If Windows 7, detected the card and currently using it; try to play a couple of songs in Windows media and make sure you hear the playback. If yes, then most likely the problem is related to incompatibility issues between Cool edit and Windows 7 as what previous posters are referring to.

Good luck!

Thanks, Emerson. I shared this problem. It's exactly what I needed. Problem solved.
By the way, for anyone else wondering, I'm working with Windows 10 and the problem started when I started installing and using Jazzkazam.

John Patrick

Back