Presonus Firepod/FP10 and Windows 10

gecko zzed

Grumpy Mod
Because my C drive was being cranky, I took the opportunity to clone it to two SSDs. One is XP which I had been running on the old hard drive, but the other I loaded up with Win7 then did the free upgrade to Win10.

By swapping SSDs I can choose to run in XP or W10.

My worry about Windows 10 was that the Firepod is a discontinued product and drivers aren't available for W10.

However, I did find this somewhere on the web, so I thought I would give it a try:

Run the file (should be called "PreSonus_FirePod_FP10_Installation.exe")
It will ask where you want to extract to, specify a folder you can get to easily and click "Install"
It will now tell you "This Setup cannot run on the current operating system." No problem!
Open the folder that you extracted the setup to.
Right click on "setup.exe" and open "Properties".
Go to the "Compatibility" tab.
Check the box labeled "Run this program in compatibility mode for:" and the dropdown to "Windows 7"
Click "Apply" and "Ok"
Run setup.exe

The file (Presonus Firepod FP10 Installation.exe) installs Firepod drivers v 5.13.0.0. It is available here:

PreSonus | FP10 - Downloads

Note that the work around described is for Windows 7. But I tried it anyway . . . and it worked!

So now the Firepod is running happily under Windows 10.

I installed Reaper in W10. It found the Firepod ok, and is also running happily.

However, I am having some difficulties in installing some plug-ins which are not playing nicely.

You're kidding, right?

It says "32-bit and 64-bit compatibility for all listed Windows versions" right there on the link.

im talking about the plugins duhhhh

What's with the 'duhhhh'?

You simply asked '32 bit or 64' and didn't mentioned plug ins at all.

As it happens, I can't answer your question, because I don't know whether my plug ins are 32 or 64 bit because I've never cared.

Were I to hazard a guess, I would say 32 bit, because everything I've got is old. So I guess some 32 bit plug ins work and some don't.

Back