Power trio take #2483

Hi Doug,
I just downloaded and the mix I have is wicked bottom heavy...
Usually everyone says that my bass tracks are to heavy and loud on the low end...so....I dunno....might just be me man....
Drums sound real good....
nice hits....
guit tone is sweet....
a lead would be cool....

I didn't hear any vox harmony...
The lead harmony fluctuates in volume...a little compression might help....

Cool tunage man,
Joe

Tune is just too kool man. Vocals sound kinda wreckless in a great way..love it. I for one liked the solo as is myself..hell i've heard you cut up before, but I loved the way you stood in the pocket on this one..it fits. Great tune Doug.*****

Nice job. The drums come in loud and clear at the beginning and really gets your attention. The mix is filled out nicely (listening on headphones) ... nitpik may be the drums during the fills. That is where it hits you with the "These aren't real" feeling. Otherwise, I think they sound good. Very nice playing throughout, and I think your vocal works well on this tune. I like the reverb you have on there (I guess this point could be debated) ... I think it gave the song a good feel.

Very nice groove.

:)

p.s. I agree with Ghost regarding an organ track. A nice B3 sound would really do this song justice. :D

M.Brane
The snare ain't too bad, but it's a tight snare, different from what I'm used to. It's growing on me.
Thanks for listening.

joro
I hear a big bottom here as well, oddly it hsn't stood out enough to be mentioned much. I think I like leaning on the bottom for the sparse mixes, but then the bass sequencing better be interesting...work to do.

Thanks

Jakearabble
Thanks for checking it out :)

freshears
Glad that works because I'm mostly lost in whatever key this ones in anyhow lol. This is one of those "find a couple riffs and pace it out" tunes for me. I think it's in, like a major key or something equally as horrifying.

Thanks for the ear!

boydrj
I knew when I put those hits in they'd be the dead giveaway Maybe if I lag the hits here and there and lower the velocities a bit hmmm...

I'm thining a bit more lush on the vocal verb may work a little better.

Thanks for checking it out :)

its got that ooomph you were huntin man... I really like it :)
the tight snare seems to be equally between the hats and the kick in tone. That covers a lot of distance and leaves good holes for the other instruments.

I don't really have anything helpful to add. Love your guitar tone as usual. The level of the bass does not sound too loud to me - sounds just right. Your drums sound better than previous stuff I've heard.

Good job!

Nice work Doug. Enjoy the smoke filled, beer smelling club feel. I thought the drums were good. I would drop the intro as they sound more fake by themselves but mix pretty well. I also might fix the drum fills a little. A little to rat tat tat. Bass could use some change ups, although the groove was nice.

Guitar tone was cool. So were the vox. :cool: Good job.

Pretty cool. I liked the guitar part and sound. Nice riff. Cool reverb on it. Good "smokefilled bar atmosphere."

Vocals seem a little dry. They consequenly seem like they're in a different space from the guits.

One or two of those bends on the guitar, might have been just a little flat.

With some proper EQing I'll bet you could get more "umph" from that bass line. I think the part does its job well. Just needs a bigger kick.

The intro and lead break are maybe a little longer than they need to be.

Harmonies in the chorus I think are definitely needed. It would really enhance things.

The snare sound is a little on the ringy side, especially during the intro.

Cool song.

Toki987
Never thought about that, but ya, there must be more room. The poppy snare is growing on me.
Thanks lot's

fprod south
Cool, another opinion on the bass. That's what I need. My "tracking" room is really top heavy. At my desk where I like to mix I'm almost tempted to look and see if I've got a bass knob twisted al the way up somewhere. I mixed this one mostly from the tracking room.
Thanks

skids
Thanks for listening man. I guess I'm going to have to do something about that intro. I've got an idea for a bit of a cheat. :)

TripleM
"One or two of those bends on the guitar, might have been just a little flat"
lol, yup

Ya, I think a bit more twang and punch on the bass would be cool. It's amazing how much of the top end disappears into the mix.'

Thanks for listening.

Back