Power Pop

jm67

I found this old, unmixed song from 2011 while cleaning up my hard drive, so I spent a day fixing it up. It's sort of a fun 80's or 90's power pop number. Looks like I used my old Line 6 POD 2.0 for the guitars. I still have that thing laying around on a shelf somewhere... I know the singing could be improved, although it would probably take someone else to do it. Any comments or suggestions welcome.

I like the instrument's energy. Some three-part vocal harmonies would work very nicely in this. The vocal melody needs refining to be a smidge catchier. Actually, this reminds me of the 60's. A pleasant listening experience. That little takeoff on Secret Agent Man @ 2:21 was the start of a strong finish all around.

Thanks for the listen and your suggestions. I hadn’t thought about the Secret Agent Man connection but you’re right… must have gone to that change automatically.

Reminds me of the style of band I was in about 18 years ago. Similar power pop kinda sound. I actually really like this. It has some pretty good moments. I think it could stand some refining. Over all pretty cool.

I know the singing could be improved, although it would probably take someone else to do it. Any comments or suggestions welcome.
If you're shy of your singing, that's probably why it's mixed a bit low in the mix. Bring it up. And... I think it's fine.

Vocals are all phasey and the mix is kind of hesitant - you got a song going - but somethings not right.

Back