Post a picture of your rack! :o

That would be ACE not ACP, sorry for the type. Heck the P is on the other side of the keyboard from the E. Don't know what I was thinking. It's a cheapy one. Removable, reversable jacks, all high styrene plastic. It's plugs on the back side. Cheap and easy, that's my style.

Autotune, YEAH! For those backing vocals when I'm singing flat early in the day. I just apply it on sections, never the whole vocal. The plug-in is more convenient but not as nice sounding.

The RNC is good, I like the DBX better for vocals. It has a little character and limits in a more pleasing way. RNC gets used for other stuff.

The JV1080, I'm just learning. I was going to get a JV1010 but wanted multiple outs. The 1080 has some great sounds and saves me from firing up and tweaking my bass. I also need the organs and pianos. The rest is too retro, not that that is a bad thing, for using in todays music.

I am actually suprised at how well soundfonts hold up against the 1080. The problem with them is that they are always difficult to EQ correctly and when you do they lose character. The 1080 holds up a little better and I can EQ it through my mixer if I need to set it in a mix.

Next stop:

I want an 1176, Great River ME-1NV, a Neuman U47 like this one http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2534498996&category=29950 and finally a Yamaha Motif 8, cause Crawdad has one and it sounds elemental.

Preamps...
I'll have more gear racked under the desk, but no pics...

Attachments

• large-rack.jpg
    large-rack.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 689
Here is the heart of my meager Blue Turtle Studios...

From top to bottom:

Roland VS2400CD
Furman PL8+ Power Condiitioner
Edirol DA2496 (running RBus into the Roland to give me 16 channel simulatneous recording)
dbx 386 2 channel Pre
dbx DDP dynamics processor
dbx 386 2 channel Pre
Behringer MDX2600 Composer Pro-XL
Alesis M20 Master Effects processor
Alesis DMPro drum module
TC Electronic GForce
Line6 Pod Pro

I'm thinking I need to look into one of the new Lexicon MPX550's to replace the M20...

Attachments

• blue_turtle.jpg
    blue_turtle.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 678
Nice racks guys. I like that 'studio in a rack' there echomancer. Take that dang sticker off the 2480.
Nice pre selection there Bowisc. How much was the Sytek?

Beautiful guys.

Here's mine....

...attached as requested (although I don't see what difference it makes whether it's attached or a link - you still see the pic either way!!!)

Attachments

• control7.jpg
    control7.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 679
Thanks bear..beautiful. It makes a difference because you can just scroll down and see everyones stuff which I think makes the thread way cooler.

Got any closeups?

jake-owa said:
Nice pre selection there Bowisc. How much was the Sytek?

Beautiful guys.

Thanks, man. I've got a Sebatron VMP4000e that should be ready soon, and then I'm done with pre-amps for while (yeah, that's what we always say). Well, that Langevin DVC is rather tempting. :)

Sytek was $780 directly from da man.

Bowisc

Ah... I might as well throw in a wide-angle shot... not very updated though...

Attachments

• studiobw.jpg
    studiobw.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 637
jake-owa said:
Thanks bear..beautiful. It makes a difference because you can just scroll down and see everyones stuff which I think makes the thread way cooler.

Got any closeups?
Funny - I always see them as links I have to click, whether they're attached or not...!

Anyways - the link I had posted WAS a close-up - but it was too big for an attachment....

Best of both worlds - here's the link...!
CLOSE-UP

Blue Bear Sound said:
Funny - I always see them as links I have to click, whether they're attached or not...!

go to User CP (where the search button is)>Edit Options> check "Show image attachments and code in Posts"

now, can you tell me how you use your POD Pro in exchange?:D :D Some tips to share?

Al

Mine

fceb5604.jpg

DTC Studios

(edit: hmm.... the "" tag didn't work.... dunno why.)

Now, [URL=http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid42/p9ecc17178d4f800067b1386a99a70d03/fceb5665.jpg]turn on the lights.[/URL] And [URL=http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid42/p945c470f5e7d0018016f1396c48f605e/fceb5606.jpg]turn around.[/URL]

But I love leaving the lights off to just play the keyboards or talk to a girl. Or more ;) .... I guess i prefer the "more." heh he....

The way a studio looks in the dark is very important to it's ..ah...

Well it should give the good spaceship or deathstar type vibe.

We should start a new thread about that.
Lights out studio.

Re: Mine

Orpheus said:
fceb5604.jpg

DTC Studios

(edit: hmm.... the "" tag didn't work.... dunno why.)

Now, [URL=http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid42/p9ecc17178d4f800067b1386a99a70d03/fceb5665.jpg]turn on the lights.[/URL] And [URL=http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid42/p945c470f5e7d0018016f1396c48f605e/fceb5606.jpg]turn around.[/URL]

But I love leaving the lights off to just play the keyboards or talk to a girl. Or more ;) .... I guess i prefer the "more." heh he.... [/B][/QUOTE]

about those things behind your nearfield monitors....are they speakers or jet engines??:eek: :eek:

Al

they're Urei 815A's. popular a decade or two ago. 2x 15" sub-woofers, one 15" midrange, and one mid/high horn. each cabinet weighs 270lbs!!! almost killed 4 friends trying to mount them on those stands. with my Halfer P7000, i can put out enough sound to wake up the neighborhood............ but most importantly, it gets the chicks dancing. ;)

sound isn't as accurate as more modern main monitors of course, ...but they do have a VERY powerful sound. it's hard to describe.

i wish i could find someone to come over and check the crossovers for irregularities.... i have a feeling a capacitor or something needs to be replaced.

anyone in the LA area willing to do an on-location repair and not charge something obscene?--or perhaps just for friendship/fun/beer?

A1A2 said:
now, can you tell me how you use your POD Pro in exchange?:D :D Some tips to share?
Sure.... go to the power switch, move it the off position. Now go grab a mic, place it at the sweet spot in front of the amp, and record!

:D

Seriously - I don't use it much myself other than as a dirtying-up tool for vocals, harmonicas, snares.... clients seem to like it, but I always prefer to mic an amp first....!

Blue Bear Sound said:
Sure.... go to the power switch, move it the off position. Now go grab a mic, place it at the sweet spot in front of the amp, and record!

:D

Seriously - I don't use it much myself other than as a dirtying-up tool for vocals, harmonicas, snares.... clients seem to like it, but I always prefer to mic an amp first....!

I seeee. I was hoping for some cool reamping tricks. So, you/they just Set the pod to tube amp and no fx for those who like it dirty??

Al

Back