Pops, clicks, and stutters.

Jawombkamagubi

When I play back tracks on Reaper I get popping, clicking, stuttering, and drops. It just started doing this-I dunno why?
I'm pretty convinced its not my computer because this is not happening in any other applications. I've set my drivers at ASIO4ALL. I only have an ASUS Xonar DG sound card, but It's worked fine-even with Reaper-up till now. One thing, though-this started happening after I upgraded to Reaper 4.31 so, I don't know if that is a pertinent factor. I would appreciate anyone's input on this matter-thanx.

How many tracks have you got running?

How many effect plugins have you got running on the session? Bypass them all and add them back one by one until you find the problem returns.

How high is the CPU running when you get the pops/clicks/etc?

I'm not running any plugins. I only use Reaper for mixing. I have other applications that I record and add FX on. All I do with Reaper is import the finished tracks and mix my levels. The CPU must be running pretty high because a red light flashes by the transporter-I suppose-to indicate that the CPU is overloaded? I have had similar problems with other applications, but it was only when I was running FX plugins or certain VSTs. That isn't the case here-its funny-it just started doing it out of the blue. I've tried everything-using different sound card drivers; reinstalling the software; changing the buffer and latency-I have no clue as to what would be causing this. My computer shouldn't be the problem-I don't have a mega-system, but it does alright: I have a 2.8 P4 processor; 80+250 GB hard drive storage; 4 GB DDR2 Ram. Nothing spectacular, but it works pretty well-except now-with Reaper. If you got any suggestions let me know-I would really appreciate it. Other than this problem, I really like Reaper-I'm not hear to dog Cockos, or anything like that=I just want to rectify this matter-thanx for your input.

Click on the 'view CPU usage' option and see what % you're at. Maybe you've got a crapload of other stuff running in the background?

I checked and its only using about 6% of the CPU-I have no clue?-thanx.

Y'know-just to see-I opened up some other projects and had no problems-so I'm going to reinsert the same tracks and start another project-I dunno-maybe, some (or all) of the files got corrupted somehow-thanx.

Last edited:
Back