• Behringer

Votes: 13 31.7%
  • Yamaha

Votes: 6 14.6%
  • No mixer - straight in soundcard or module

Votes: 4 9.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I just won an auction last night on ebay for an old Studiomaster P7. Can't wait to try it out. It's the 16x8x2 version. I know TrackRat has a Studiomaster and always talks about it.

I've not used the P7 but I'd imagine it's not too different from mine. It's quiet and I really like the EQ. Let us know how you like it (by the way, there's a VERY good chance I'll be getting a new console within the next week, a Tascam M-3500).

Hey Track Rat
I started to hook up the Studiomaster. Started with tape outs. This board make tracks I recorded on my Alesis Studio 32 sound good. Real nice EQ. Real nice. The mixer is 8 bus so I run 1 DA38 in and out from channels 1-8 then tape out the other DA38 through the 8 bus and monitor them back on 9-16. I've not hooked up the effects yet. The midi feature will take some time to work out. Lots of routing features. Hard to think a company with this quality mixer went out of business (in England) I feel like I'm recording in the big leagues now LOL.
FWIW all your post about the Studiomaster is really what put it over the top of which board to buy.
Thanks
Tom

CK98Beeetle said:
I need a mixer that I can plug in 8 tracks, and send them out seperately, what exactly should I look for? I was looking at the Alesis MultiMix 12R, Yamaha MG 16/4, and the Behringer Eurorack UB2222FX-Pro. Do they all have individual outs for each line? I can't seem to find it out anywhere.

The MG 16/4 will give you 8 outputs: 2 from the mains, 2 from the group out, and 4 from the inserts.

Don't know about the others though

Amek Big by Langley and/or a Tascam M-3500

While deep in the midst of an archeological audio dig I found this post which was too good to pass up being that I'm a sucker for a poll regardless of whether it's from the Jurassic period. So despite this post being older then my some of my children, I wanted to do my part and cast my vote. That said currently I use an Amek Big console strictly for preamping.

One thing that I am considering is experimenting with creating a configuration where the Amek is used strictly for preempting and then using a 32-channel 8 bus Tascam M-3500 for tape returns from an Antelope Audio Orion 32. The Tascam has more then enough channels to allow me to mix on a desk rather then being chained to a mouse. Any thoughts on trying this?

Back