plugging mic to delta 44 box.

qb2k5

I just bought a delta 44 and have a dmp3 box..

I tried using a sinlge 1/4 trs cable and pluging it in the input 1 on the delta 44 box. Problem is the mic is only on one side of my head phones..

Question what type of cable would I need to connect the dmp3 into the delta44? Do i need like a Y cable? please help..

Set your sequencer (more info would help when you have questions, but this is universal) to record mono on the track, not stereo....

I need a y cable.. I did the same thing with my old ap 24/96.. I used a 1/4 to dual rca.

Can someone point me to cable from samash.

qb2k5 said:
I need a y cable.. I did the same thing with my old ap 24/96.. I used a 1/4 to dual rca.

Can someone point me to cable from samash.

No, you don't need a y cable. What software are you using? You need to be recording to a mono track within the software. Mono will play back equally in both speakers/headphones. Using a y cable and recording to a stereo track will just waste hard drive space, since you only have a mono source (one mic).

All you need to do is go into the M audio software for your sound card. There should be a little M down in the tool bar on the bottom of your computer on the right hand side of the screen.
Click on monitor mixer, There you will see the meters going up and down while you talk into your mic. There is a little fader there to move over to one side or the other, Put it in the center and you will hear your voice in both channels of your headphones then.

Click on monitor mixer, There you will see the meters going up and down while you talk into your mic. There is a little fader there to move over to one side or the other, Put it in the center and you will hear your voice in both channels of your headphones then.

For petes sake Ive used a 44 for 2 or 3 years and never paid any attention or used that slider... Learn something new every day....

i use n-track. when i record my voice in mono and when I add an effect to my voice the reverb is in mono?

the only way i know that gets my voice in stereo is by using a 1/4 y cable from my dmp3 to my delta 44.

You should be doing that in your software. Double check that you are adding a mono track when you are recording.

At this point I would say its time to spend some time with the manual of your sound card.

I know i can record mono with n-track but its a kinda glicthy DAW software.. It only behaves when im recording with a mic with a dedicated left and right input..

So the type of cable I need if I want to split a mono chanel into 2 mono channels for left and right?

First off, you shouldn't be plugging your microphone directly into the Delta 44, you need a pre-amp (or a mixer with mic inputs would work as well)

Each input on the 44 is a MONO (ie one!) input. You plug the output of one channel of your pre/mixer into the line input on the Delta. Set N-Track to record stereo->two tracks and arm the L channel (assuming your preamp is plugged into channel 1 on the delta) I believe these options are on the Recording VU meter. I use N-Track and the Delta 44, but I'm at work now so if the options aren't exactly that and you still have problems, PM me and I'll get the exact options tonight.

This will give you a MONO track. To get a stereo reverb, add a reverb to the Aux channel on N-Track. This is stereo. The mono vocal gets sent to the reverb, but it comes out in stereo. Use the aux for reverbs/delays and the channel insert (ie actually putting a plug-in on the track) for compressors and eq.

You DO NOT need a Y-cable, and you should not be plugging the mic into the Delta unit directly. N-Track is not glitchty at all, you just need to no how to set it up to record ONE channel into a mono track.

gordone said:
First off, you shouldn't be plugging your microphone directly into the Delta 44, you need a pre-amp (or a mixer with mic inputs would work as well)

Each input on the 44 is a MONO (ie one!) input. You plug the output of one channel of your pre/mixer into the line input on the Delta. Set N-Track to record stereo->two tracks and arm the L channel (assuming your preamp is plugged into channel 1 on the delta) I believe these options are on the Recording VU meter. I use N-Track and the Delta 44, but I'm at work now so if the options aren't exactly that and you still have problems, PM me and I'll get the exact options tonight.

This will give you a MONO track. To get a stereo reverb, add a reverb to the Aux channel on N-Track. This is stereo. The mono vocal gets sent to the reverb, but it comes out in stereo. Use the aux for reverbs/delays and the channel insert (ie actually putting a plug-in on the track) for compressors and eq.

You DO NOT need a Y-cable, and you should not be plugging the mic into the Delta unit directly. N-Track is not glitchty at all, you just need to no how to set it up to record ONE channel into a mono track.

U ARE A F**KING ANGEL SENT FROM GOD!!!!!! From my heart thank you. If i was rich i would paypal u $1000 right now.

;)

U solved it, right exactly what i was looking for. Im not the greateset at explaining things but u answered my question not a milli-meter off. Man i was thinking about getting a reverb box to solve this... But u came thru very well. Thanks!!!

god bless and thanks for saving me allot of money.

:D

BTW my setup is: New AT4040> DMP3> New Delta 44>Ntrack 4> Berhi 602a> Wharfedale 8.2(soon to come from darkwater).
;)

PS: I gave u positive rep points!

Back