Please take a listen....

Zed10R

Ok, I took the advice I got and tried to make access to my submission easier. Please take a listen and let me know what you think. It is the same song - Mean - as my last post in here but it is a much smaller mp3 and the link should take you directly to it.

Lemme know your critcisms and thoughts, witht the focus being on the mix. And thanks to those who listened to the hugenomous .wav I posted earlier! :D

http://media.putfile.com/Mean---mp3

MadAudio said:
Main nit - the vocals are not present enough. A little louder, please!

Yeah, I was half expecting that....and it is good to hear. I'll boost it a few db's...when I get some more constructive criticisms I'll re-mix and resubmit....thanks MadAudio!

What other "nits" can you all point out? I've been keeping some of this for so long a fresh perspective can only help.... :D :cool:

What is up with the server you are hosting your mp3 file on?
It asked me to click a link 20 times before it would let me donwload the mp3 file!
I amnt a hit producer for websites.

Pity I cant listen to it.

Eck

The new link worked really easily & well except mid way through all sorts of noise, distortion happened & I had to turn off.
The vocals - not a matter of voluem but presence. Try some EQing to thicken it up. Is there reverb on it? that may be pushing it back.
the snare & toms come out to far.
Good work otherwise.

ecktronic said:
What is up with the server you are hosting your mp3 file on?
It asked me to click a link 20 times before it would let me donwload the mp3 file!
I amnt a hit producer for websites.

Pity I cant listen to it.

Eck

I am having some problems with them obviously. I am actually pretty disspointed. All you should have to do is click the link and it should just play.....I would have been very grateful if you were able to listen....dammit....ok....I'm going to scrap this and start over with another host server. Do you have any reccomendations? Anyway, thanks for trying.... :(

rayc said:
The new link worked really easily & well except mid way through all sorts of noise, distortion happened & I had to turn off.
The vocals - not a matter of voluem but presence. Try some EQing to thicken it up. Is there reverb on it? that may be pushing it back.
the snare & toms come out to far.
Good work otherwise.

Thanks rayc.....there is no 'verb, EQ, or anything on any of it. It all simply an old test mix of totally dry tracks. I'll apply some EQ and adjust the drums as you pointed out. And I have no idea why it would spaz out mid way through, It doesn't do that for me..... :confused: :o

Thanks!!

They are right about the vox. Put it more to the front. Don't worry about being out of tune. The energy is what will carry it in this style.

chazba

Back