Please review my trance track :)

I'm not familiar with this type of music but overall, the mix sounds good. I could dance to it for sure....

Sounds very aggressive. A little over compressed? But I guess it's the style of music...

I like it, but I would only listen to one song before my ears start to bleed, and it would be my home stereo, not some dance club where the music is unnecessarily loud.

Lacks Power bro.. I want more power!
Gave me kind of a downtempo feel... maybe its just me, I was once fond of 150-175 bpm.

For the mix, i think everything is in place, sounds pretty good :)

I love the uplifting vibe it brings man.. Might need a bit of mastering in the high frequencies though!

Thank you very much for your feedback guys :)

And I think your are right about that high frequencies as it feels a little messy up there. Am gonna have a look!

Thx again

Keep producing!

I like it.

Sonically it's a bit tubby and needs some high air. I had a quick play with EQ and if I was mastering it I'd be doing something along the lines of pulling back a couple of dBs around 100 Hz, cutting half a dB or so around 250 Hz, pushing half a dB or so around 6 kHz. I don't know if there's more air in the original (this is YouTube of course) but I'd either use EQ or an exciter to add some high air.

I know it's supposed to be tubby - and that's the joy of it - but the tubbiness is just a little out of control for my taste.

Arrangement - I like the ambient bit at 2 minutes but it kills the dance vibe unless the DJ adds drums. Instantly takes it from the club to the living room. That's a quandry, it needs something to keep the beat but that would kill that great ambient feel. I'd be inclined to have another club version with something (or somethings) keeping time during the ambient break.

Last edited:
More power, more presence.
There is a "liquidity" to trance that is missing with this. The "hissing" and "breathy" synths are there but need to be used more. The downtime at 2:00 is very nice but I'd like to hear something in the back.

Question: Did you make all of these loops yourself, or are they from Ableton (or an add-on)?

Watch these videos for pacing and also listen to the downtime section for a better idea of how to keep the listener hooked and still bring them down a bit.

M4SONIC - Launchpad User 1 Solo - YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3tVbrvc6UQ

Keep trying. Eventually, it will all come together. Very good effort!

Back