Please Help With Set-Up

lacoocoo

Hello!

I'm totally new to recording. All I want to do is record acoustic guitar and vocals with a semi-professional to professional sound quality. The quality of sound I'm looking for would be comparable to the following link...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfVcim81nRw

My gear is the following:

Mic: MXL V67 Condensor
Interface: MBOX 2
Program: Garage band.

What's my limiting factor? Would you say the MBOX2? Any suggestions as to what I could purchase to get a similar sound to the above link? When I record it sounds too digital.

Thanks!

You've shown us the destination, but to get you there we need to know where you're at. Send up a flare. Have you recorded anything. If so, don't be ashamed, we're not going to flay a newb over the flame pit*. Post it up. Trust me it won't be the worst anybody here has heard. Some of the stuff I've heard on Amazon.com could have been recorded with a Realistic 1/8 jack microphone on a 70's walkman cassette.

* Well no more than two or three a week...:laughings:

i love jam in the van series....

the MXL "blue" series they were using alot can be found for like $60 or so...Ive had a couple. I still have the 890, it was like $60 or something at GC outlet discontinued pile. I probably should have got one of each.

i never got the sound quality jaminthevan got... but thats another story. Im not sure what the MXL's plugged into, obviously the room is the van.

Back