PLEASE HELP! SX3 - Superior Drummer VSTi Not Showing

submersed

I've spent like 5 hours trying to figure this out, and I feel like a total idiot, I'm at my boiling point because this VSTi worked perfectly before I re-installed it.

I'm trying to open superior drummer 2.0 in Cubase, and I load the plug-in, and it doesn't show up anywhere in Cubase.

I press F11 for my VSTi's, then select "Superior Drummer", and ensure the "E" button is selected which generally makes the VSTi interface visible, and nothing shows up. If I create a new project, and a new midi track, I can see all of the drum tracks from superior drummer, but I cannot get the editor to show up.

Will someone please help? Prior to the re-install, everything worked properly. I've tried multiple reboots, reinstalls, and registry cleaning, none of it works.

Is it a Crack version?

No, I contacted Toontrack for support, and they said to contact Steinberg, since the Superior Drummer solo tool or whatever it is called, works perfectly fine, it just doesn't show up in my DAW.

And again, it worked before I re-installed it, so I don't see why "Is it a Crack version" is even being asked.

Anyone actually want to help me resolve the issue, please?

so I don't see why "Is it a Crack version" is even being asked.

We get a lot of people coming here asking for help with their cracked versions of SX3. Nowadays, whenever anyone mentions SX3, it's most likely a crack. There is no love for thieves here.

About your problem, have you updated your VST's?? If you had it installed before, then deleted, then re-installed it, Cubase may not have it registered properly. It might be trying to reference the old copy or a different location. I have SE3 and not sure if the button pushing is the same, but it's probably close enough.

Go to Devices>Plug-In Info> check that the folder containing SD is listed, then click on Update List. Go through the list and look for any discrepancies.

... since the Superior Drummer solo tool or whatever it is called, works perfectly fine,

And again, it worked before I re-installed it, so I don't see why "Is it a Crack version" is even being asked.
It's statements like those, your newness and the type of problems that make it appear to be pirated software which if it is most times ends up being like chasing your tail and a large waste of time.:rolleyes:

We get a lot of people coming here asking for help with their cracked versions of SX3. Nowadays, whenever anyone mentions SX3, it's most likely a crack. There is no love for thieves here.

About your problem, have you updated your VST's?? If you had it installed before, then deleted, then re-installed it, Cubase may not have it registered properly. It might be trying to reference the old copy or a different location. I have SE3 and not sure if the button pushing is the same, but it's probably close enough.

Go to Devices>Plug-In Info> check that the folder containing SD is listed, then click on Update List. Go through the list and look for any discrepancies.

Hey Chili, thanks for the response. I went to devices > plug-in info, and Superior Drummer is located in my VST Plugins folder, with all of the others. It's highlighted blue, indicating it's a synth. I didn't see any noticeable discrepancies in the list. I clicked "Update List" and didn't see any change.

Hey Chili, thanks for the response. I went to devices > plug-in info, and Superior Drummer is located in my VST Plugins folder, with all of the others. It's highlighted blue, indicating it's a synth. I didn't see any noticeable discrepancies in the list. I clicked "Update List" and didn't see any change.

Sorry, I don't have any other ideas.

Probably a stupid question, but are you going via 'VST instruments' in the devices menu, or are you looking for it as a plugin?

Yeah, it's probably a stupid question but hell, you gotta cover all the bases.

Probably a stupid question, but are you going via 'VST instruments' in the devices menu, or are you looking for it as a plugin?

Yeah, it's probably a stupid question but hell, you gotta cover all the bases.

Ignore me. It is a stupid question. I just re-read the OP. :o

However, I'm semi-bored, so I did some googling. I saw this response to your query on the same issue over at recording.org...

are you sure you installed not just the library for Superior 2 but also the vst dll files in the seperate installer as they are under two .exe files from what i rememebr.

I'm sure you checked this already as this was a few weeks ago, but it seems like a good point.

Hey, thanks for taking the time to look around for me. I did make sure I installed both the sound banks and the instrument itself.

This is a screenshot of what I see:

30t79g2.jpg

see that yellow box under the input output config on the channel strip on the left?

That's what you press to make the Superior screen show up

see that yellow box under the input output config on the channel strip on the left?

That's what you press to make the Superior screen show up

It's already been pressed, it's highlighted, indicating it's on. I tried un-checking it, and re-checking it, and nothing happened.

When said yellow button is highlighted, try going to the Windows menu and seeing if you can bring up the Superior Drummer window there.

Wow...you have NEVER stolen anything?? I bet you do-gooders can walk on water too! Forums are a joke!!!!!

Try moving the SD plug-in to a new folder. In the main VST folder, create a new folder, call it SD or something, then move the plug-in there. It should force Cubase to refresh the plug-in path information the next time you open the program. It's worked for me before when I've had issues, worth a try anyway. I know the thread is old, but it might help someone else.

Back