Pick-up...

XploZiveToyz

All American Un-American
I recently came into possession of a Fender Stratocaster. I'm a P-90/Humbucker kind of guy. Is there a a pick-up I can put in the bridge position that will give me that P-90/humbucker sound/tone? Keep in mind that I want to maintain the stock look of the guitar. Thanks.

I recently came into possession of a Fender Stratocaster. I'm a P-90/Humbucker kind of guy. Is there a a pick-up I can put in the bridge position that will give me that P-90/humbucker sound/tone? Keep in mind that I want to maintain the stock look of the guitar. Thanks.

Little 59, Hot Rails, or google "single coil size humbucker"

Thanks for the replies. The guy above you said, extra active circuit. Does that require a battery? Someone told me about a Ritchie Blackmore pick-up, but I Googled and didn't find it. Anyone know anything about it?

Active needs battery, yes.

I highly recommend the GFS L'il Killers from guitarfetish.com. Super cheap, but incredibly powerful and really great sounding. Think about swapping one of the pots for a push/pull for either series/parallel or coil cut.

Active needs battery, yes.

I highly recommend the GFS L'il Killers from guitarfetish.com. Super cheap, but incredibly powerful and really great sounding. Think about swapping one of the pots for a push/pull for either series/parallel or coil cut.
Thanks. Where does the battery go? I just don't like having to take the pick guard off to change the batteries. I have another Strat with Alembic pick-ups I have to do that with. One is enough! LOL!

If you're installing it, the battery goes wherever you can get it to fit. ;)

I refuse to put a battery in any of my guitars.

If you're installing it, the battery goes wherever you can get it to fit. ;)

I refuse to put a battery in any of my guitars.

This ^^^^^^

I personally have never met an active pickup I like. Some active basses sound pretty cool, but guitars, no. Not to me.

Most guitars made for active pickups have a little battery compartment routed into the back of the guitar. Easy to change batteries. For a retrofit you'll have to put the battery wherever you can. Preferably in your TV remote or smoke detector. :D.

This ^^^^^^

I personally have never met an active pickup I like. Some active basses sound pretty cool, but guitars, no. Not to me.

Most guitars made for active pickups have a little battery compartment routed into the back of the guitar. Easy to change batteries. For a retrofit you'll have to put the battery wherever you can. Preferably in your TV remote or smoke detector. :D.
Like I said earlier, One is enough! And that one came to me that way. I have a set of Lace pick-ups, but just haven't got around to putting them in. The one with the Alembics doesn't sound bad though. It has three three-way toggle switches that allow it to get a bunch of different pick-up combinations, plus it also has a boost switch that bumps it up a few dbs. Still don't like where the battery is located though.

Back