People that delete or replace song files previously posted with new mixes

I totally get where you're coming from.
To some extent I get the same thing with my own.

I guess I didn't think about it from your point of view. I can't imagine having anything productive to say on your threads, but I should at least stop and say thanks!

I totally get where you're coming from.
To some extent I get the same thing with my own.

I guess I didn't think about it from your point of view. I can't imagine having anything productive to say on your threads, but I should at least stop and say thanks!
I'm not trying to make anyone feel guilty, and I also have no reason to complain. For years, my songs would get lots of responses and go into the 8,9 and 10 pages. Lately, it's died down. But I find the CLINIC has died down in general anyway, so I'm not taking it too personally. You've already made clear to me your reasons for not commenting on my threads. It's all good. But like you said, from my point of view, when I see people I know sitting in my thread for 5, 10, 15 minutes, and then disappearing without saying anything, I start to ask myself what the point of posting songs is. I'm certainly not in it for the money.:D Besides that, nobody's tunes are perfect. It's totally impossible that my songs have no room for improvement or suggestions, or even a "If this was my tune, I would try this...".

Yes it is BLEAK in here lately. Horrible, actually. It's like one giant collective loss of interest and overload in selfishness. I know that for me, I watch what people do. I watch them post thread after thread looking for feedback while offering none to anyone else. I could drop 3 names right now off the top of my head that do that. Fuck them. They won't get the time of day from me. I try to catch every thread a good regular makes though. Sometimes I may miss one, but i try.

I can't deny it. Too often I'm on that list.
I do make a point of visiting the clinic and offering some words, but nowhere near often enough.

I can't deny it. Too often I'm on that list.
I do make a point of visiting the clinic and offering some words, but nowhere near often enough.

You're a regular everywhere else though. You're not using this place for page hits or youtube clicks. You're not on my shit list.....yet!

You're a regular everywhere else though. You're not using this place for page hits or youtube clicks. You're not on my shit list.....yet!
Exactly. Whether you post on people's songs in the CLINIC or not, you're one of the most helpful people here, in every part of this site. Don't worry about it, Steen, you have no reason to explain yourself or apologize for anything. You're one of the nicest people around.

Well, since my name came up, I'll just say that other than the fact that I'm lucky if I get 3 people commenting on my tunes lately, so it wouldn't really be worth my time. But even when people did used to comment on them, the difference between my first mix and last mix was barely audible. It's usually small little adjustments that not many people would even notice if they weren't pointed out.

Well, this is off-topic I guess but it's interesting, so I'll respond. What you said just there explains why so few people comment on your stuff - they're not qualified to cuz they're either just not hearing the difference or even if they DO hear the difference they wouldn't know WTF was done to get there. However... and this is a great big however... I'm learning from that stuff. I like the comments that you and Greg make about each other's drums, for instance. I'll be thinking 'drums are great' and one of you will make a comment about the drums and the other one will go 'yeah, you're right' and I'm like 'Whoa! Pay attention dobro lad you've got something to learn here.' Honest to God, I listen to you guys' first posting sometimes and I don't hear anything wrong. I've absolutely stopped listening to Gonzo-X's stuff simply because I've got no nits ever. Long story short: the reason you're getting fewer comments is cuz you're getting so much better nobody's got much to say about your stuff. So if you want to bail and go somewhere where they'll actually hear what you're doing, I get that. Hope you don't, though. I like your stuff and I'm learning from it even if I don't comment much.

Well, this is off-topic I guess but it's interesting, so I'll respond. What you said just there explains why so few people comment on your stuff - they're not qualified to cuz they're either just not hearing the difference or even if they DO hear the difference they wouldn't know WTF was done to get there. However... and this is a great big however... I'm learning from that stuff. I like the comments that you and Greg make about each other's drums, for instance. I'll be thinking 'drums are great' and one of you will make a comment about the drums and the other one will go 'yeah, you're right' and I'm like 'Whoa! Pay attention dobro lad you've got something to learn here.' Honest to God, I listen to you guys' first posting sometimes and I don't hear anything wrong. I've absolutely stopped listening to Gonzo-X's stuff simply because I've got no nits ever. Long story short: the reason you're getting fewer comments is cuz you're getting so much better nobody's got much to say about your stuff. So if you want to bail and go somewhere where they'll actually hear what you're doing, I get that. Hope you don't, though. I like your stuff and I'm learning from it even if I don't comment much.
I appreciate that, man. :cool:

Hm? Can you explain that?

Yes. No biggie. Just restating we can in fact without any changes to the clinic do what the OP was referring to - if we wish; -Add new versions of mixes to an original clinic post, or if the post edit privilege times out, there's still the option to continue w/ an additional post.

Yes. No biggie. Just restating we can in fact without any changes to the clinic do what the OP was referring to - if we wish; -Add new versions of mixes to an original clinic post, or if the post edit privilege times out, there's still the option to continue w/ an additional post.

One problem with that is that it's impossible, I think, to add more than one hr.com mp3 to any thread - you need to use something like soundcloud, and how many people have got so much space on soundcloud that they can store four or five mixes of the same song there? I can't. I'd like hr.com to allow us to store mp3s here and edit clinic posts so that we can easily do what the OP was talking about.

One problem with that is that it's impossible, I think, to add more than one hr.com mp3 to any thread - you need to use something like soundcloud, and how many people have got so much space on soundcloud that they can store four or five mixes of the same song there? I can't. I'd like hr.com to allow us to store mp3s here and edit clinic posts so that we can easily do what the OP was talking about.
Yikes. Ok I didn't know that.

Yes it is BLEAK in here lately. Horrible, actually. It's like one giant collective loss of interest and overload in selfishness. I know that for me, I watch what people do. I watch them post thread after thread looking for feedback while offering none to anyone else. I could drop 3 names right now off the top of my head that do that. Fuck them. They won't get the time of day from me. I try to catch every thread a good regular makes though. Sometimes I may miss one, but i try.

Yeah, I find this pretty frustrating too. Fly by nights who just post for clicks are always going to swoop in and out, but there are also quite a few who post stuff up regularly for feedback...and get good useful feedback, but for some reason rarely feel inclined to leave any themselves. In a number of cases I can think of, these guys are pretty good too - so it's a shame that they choose to only take.

I'm not bemoaning any lack of feedback, or asking for more in threads I post here (I've had tons of really useful help recently) - but if everyone was only interested in their own stuff, then there would be no mp3 clinic - just page after page of empty self promotion.

I know ultimately it's the internet and everyone can choose to do whatever they like, but it wouldn't sit well with me to do that (as well as being interested to hear what other folks round here are producing).

Yes it is BLEAK in here lately. Horrible, actually. It's like one giant collective loss of interest and overload in selfishness. I know that for me, I watch what people do. I watch them post thread after thread looking for feedback while offering none to anyone else. I could drop 3 names right now off the top of my head that do that. Fuck them. They won't get the time of day from me. I try to catch every thread a good regular makes though.

^^^THIS^^^ I have a (S)hit list of names I won't comment on myself.

I read and fully appreciate all comments and advice I get for my mixes and although I very rarely offer much in the technical aspect of what can be done with other peoples mixes, I really like and enjoy listening to others work and commenting. (Unless it's metal then it's just pointless because I don't have a good word to say) My (S)hit list continues to grow though. Like yourself, I watch and take note.

Sometimes I may miss one, but i try.

You missed my last one and you'll never be forgiven! Maybe because it was just acoustic and vocal. :laughings:

In a number of cases I can think of, these guys are pretty good too - so it's a shame that they choose to only take.

Totally agree and I bet we all know who they are.

:thumbs up:

Back