Paw paw what if?

Beautiful Job Jimi! Love your voice on this one. Though I totally love Shel, his run with Dr. Hook and his books (that we would read to my daughters)...I've never heard this song and really like it. That you were able to lay this down with your granddaughter is sooooo cool...Love it and thank you for posting here man...These are the good old days and that is one fantastic memory you laid down.

Beautiful Job Jimi! Love your voice on this one. Though I totally love Shel, his run with Dr. Hook and his books (that we would read to my daughters)...I've never heard this song and really like it. That you were able to lay this down with your granddaughter is sooooo cool...Love it and thank you for posting here man...These are the good old days and that is one fantastic memory you laid down.
Thanks TAE.
Actually the correct title of the Shel song is "Daddy, what if?". ( i changed it to "Paw paw" for obvious reasons)
Bobby Bare and his young son originally cut this song back in the 1970's.
If you like Shel, and haven't already, you HAVE to check out the Bobby Bare albums: "Down and Dirty", "Drunk and crazy", and "legends, lullibyes, and lies".

Some of Shel Silverstiens greatest gems on those 3 records and Bobby Bare really knew how to deliver a Shel Silverstien tune.
I love Doctor Hooks old stuff too!

Very nice. I have a niece about 9 or so who likes playing piano, recorder, violin and some other stuff. It's nice hearing kids getting into music. Nice one.

Thanks for all the kind words guys. I know this wasn't put up for mix critique and just us putting vocals over a backing track.
So, thanks for not beating me up over that!

Awesome! Talk about a nostalgia piece, really cool she'll be able to listen back on this throughout her life and remember where she came from. The beauty of recording!

Back