Passion - Mix #2

EL34

Clown car chauffeur
This is an instrumental tune written by John Jorgenson of the Hellecasters
It's called Passion.
I love this tune, it's got a great melody

This is mix #2
Not sure how everything sits in this mix, my ears need a couple days rest before I go back to it.

You can down load this tune here

or you can go my music page and play it without downloading it here.
http://www.el34world.com/Misc/Music/music1.htm

Let me know how it sounds,
Thanks for any input

Very nice piece, great guitar work.
I thought the kick was a little loud compared to the snare, although it sounds pretty good. Also the drums could be programmed to sound less machine-like and flow with the groove a bit more.

Joey :):):):)

Thanks for the input Joey.

I wish I was better at the drum thing.
It's a mystery to me what a drummer is actually doing behind a kit. :o

Hi EL...I've always loved your tone and playing.

The drums are a bit distracting....I agree with Joey in the kick being a louder than the snare.

...and panning em a wee more to the right just tad...or maybe not.

Someday, I would love to hear you playing with a real drummer on your recordings.

Hey True,
Good to hear from you again.
One of these days we are going to do another tune together cause that stuff was good, IMO.

Yeah, the drum thing is the weakest link for sure.
I can play all the other instruments.

Finding a drummer who wants to do it for free and can play in time is a major stumbling block.

I have to have the beat dead on the money for the midi instruments I create tracks for.

Where is the pool of drummers that are waiting and wanting to do tracks for my tunes?
:confused:

Lovely guitar man. The rhythm section is not doing you justice.

I'd be happy to try to put a rhythm section on this for you if you were interested and if we could figure a way to transfer files - never done that before.

Well hey thanks,
If you want, just record your tracks and mix them all down to a .mp3 file.

Just reply back here when you are ready.
See ya
Doug

Cool. Just let me know the tempo and if you could upload or send me an mp3 with no bass or drums I'm sure I could work with that.

Yeah... Loved the tune... Great guitar playing.. I've been collaborating on drum stuff with other musicians for quite awhile... I think I might be able to lay some acoustic drums to this. Any way you can post a drum-minus track?

Yeah, I'll be right back with a link for both of youse guys :)

Ok, back
Here's the No drums mix

The BPM is 60

I kind of want an easy light cymbal/tamborine type beat beat up until the chorus at 1:24
Then come in with the full kit/heavier beat on the chorus and after that

Not sure if that makes sense, but go with what you know and feel, cause you are the drummer, not me.

Definitely needs real drums. These drums are just dragging the song down too much. Nice melodic playing though. Guitars sound nice. I also think the bass is a bit too simple. I think the bass could do quite a bit more without running over the guitars and it would probably make the song much more interesting to listen too. Looking forward to hearing it with a drummer. :)

Dave

Thanks dave,

That bass track was just a simple one I laid down while I was working out the rest of the guitar stuff.

I end up going back and changing so many bass tracks if I get too fancy and invade the lead guitars space.

I'll wait for the drum tracks and do a better bass track.
I actually do the bass track last after I see what kind of space is available after all the other intruments are laid down.

I took some time during my lunch break to get ya some drums. Hope ya like em'... It was really fun playing to something different. PM sent.

Very nice track PI!!!!
I used your wet track cause your effects sounded great to my ears.

Here's a quick mix I did using your real drum track.

Ok, youse guys, how is it now with the real drums???

Now I am under pressure here to improve the rest of the instruments. LOL
That's ok, it's way more interesting to me when other people get involved.

Hey! Thanks for the kudos, bro.. It was fun playing along. Sounds like you had fun compressing the drums... heh... I actually like the way the snare sounds for the most part, but there are times during the song where the compression destroys the sounds of the cymbals.

Let's see what the pros have to say... Hopefully they'll comment. :cool:

It was a quickie mix.

Didn't have a bunch of time to mess with it.
I may have set the compressor wrong or not picked the right effect.

I may have some time tomorrow to play with it some more.
Possibly lay a new bass track too.

Thanks so much for your awesome tracks.
I'll check back later, gotta scoot.

see ya

I listened to both tracks and the live drums sound much much better. poeticintensity has done tracks for me and I find his wet drum mix tracks are fine "as is". mastering the entire track might be something different though...

This is a fabulous track - you should consider more live drums on your stuff.

Thanks Ido,
I would like to have live drums, just never knew who to call.

be back tomoorow with another mix

sexy song:) is it possible to add more depth to it? it seemed a little thin. the soloing seemed a little too loud and the drum too, and not enough balance between everything? good luck

Back