Panning Not Working

Grape

So.. whenever I try to pan a mono recorded track, it doesn't fully.
I can still get some noise from the other ear.
Ex: I pan a track left 100% on both the track on the multitrack and on the panning knob for the track itself. But I still hear the track on the right ear phone as well.

How do I pan my mono tracks so that they won't leak to the other side?

<33 Grape

could i get some help please? I'm sure it's a really obvious solution :/

It seems like it would be, but I don't know what to tell you. You've tried searching the forum for a similiar question like this? And of course have you read your user manual? I assume you've got mono coming in and stereo out? That's the extent my knowledge would be able to help you. Also, I own PT and maybe this is an Audition/cool edit exclusive problem. I would try some research and searching, because I would guess if anyone on here knew they would have told you.
good luck
james

I'd guess it's crosstalk in your headphones. They are terrible to mix with.

True, but with a decent pair you really shouldn't have that problem, I know I don't and my phones didn't cost over 100 bones. I definitely recommend reference monitors, just seems like there could be something else at work possibly. If you can borrow some monitors or speakers of any kind see if the problem persist through them, then repost your findings.
James

Are you getting any pan effect at all? If it's completely mono somewhere along the line it's out of whack, start looking at the individual pieces.

Back