Overheads

substance

Can I use two 57's for the overheads and a 57 for the snare?

i know the 57 is good for the snare but what about the overheads?

I also have 58's. WOuld they work better as overheads?

Also do I need a clip-on condender thing for the snare mic or can i just use a boom to mic the snare?

Thanks alot for any help. Im a novice to recording and my band is relying on me to record..

Can't you scare up the money for a pair of B1s or MK012s? :confused:

Are you a teenager? Go out and mug someone for the cash. :D

A pair of B1s will set you back about $158.

As for the MK012s...

How big and scarey are you?

re

my bands name is SUBSTANCE

whats that tell ya?

on a side note, the drummer is 5 foot 105 pounds and hits harder than most 200 pounders.

she's a hottie as well!

Great.

Then go down to Guitar Center, walk into the Pro Audio section, grab the nearest "Employee of the month" (so called because that's how long the assistants usually stay there) and say

I heard you're selling Octava MK012s and 319s for $50 in your most "I don't take no shit me" voice.

I kid. You should be able to get them cheap without any dramatics.

I'm in the UK. So you'd be closer to a GC than me :D

In that case can you afford the B1s? If so get them.

Re: re

substance said:
That sounds great Mark but I'm in Fairbanks ALaska and the closest GC is where you live.

You are closest to Santa Clause. You should have thought of a new mic a month ago. Drive your snowmobile to the north pole and ask, maybe he has some good mics for you.

substance said:
That sounds great Mark but I'm in Fairbanks ALaska and the closest GC is where you live.
Get the MXL 603s for your overheads, then. They’re pretty dang good. Do a search on them. You can get them from 8thstreet.com.

re

we've played over a hundred gigs with the name substance. it aint going anywhere. how many nirvana's were there? how many sublimes?

i'll check those mxl's out though. tnx...

substance said:
we've played over a hundred gigs with the name substance. it aint going anywhere. how many nirvana's were there? how many sublimes?
I guess it would just upset me if I knew there were any other people out there with my band name. Hopefully you don't get a cease and desist order from another Substance.

Good luck!

re

we'll be famous when i figure out these mikes and record a demo.
then we'll have our lawyers figure out the name thang.

we had some songs up at mp3.com/aksub but i guess mp3.com is dead

can u guys recommend somewhere else or is that too off topic!

music site

hey... check out www,purevolume.com ... all the bands iknow that used mp3.com switched to pure volume.. it has a nice look... u can out 3 songs and a pic and a short bio of band and a contact page... check it out.. they also do a good job of supporting bands on their home page.

Back