Outta MY Cage, & boy ,did that feel good!

Excellent stuff Ralph. That's real entertainment to just listen to a real master just doin his thang. Don't ever hesitate to post something like this. A ton of fun. I loved the boogie woogie stuff.

Twist

chrisharris said:

BAAAHAAAHAAAAhaaaaaaaaa!(sorry, I was over @ joro's thread.......we got wasted last nite!)

I love you lawyerman......get your butt/ out to CT. in August for the NE Jamfest!!!!!!! I think fri & sun are gonna work for me............to many gigs on sat :( I simply wanna put my arms around you, & kramer, a few others, & say .......I Love you guys....in the manly way of course.......well , er.....I might ass rapeYOU for the fuck of it....:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: Oh, Oh..............I think I may have destroyed any credibility w/ that last comment.'F&%#it!.............It's only music..............my entire being!!!!!!

Ralph

As someone who would like to learn to play the piano, this is discouraging :D

Man that was simply fantastic. I just cannot and never have been able to just sit down and compose something that quickly. I have to hammer stuff out. What a great listen.

I am truly impressed

nanny nanny boo boo LMAO

Now do it again...note for note :D

hehe..nice work

joro said:
holy shit Ralph..............this is fuckin' amazing......
u gotz fat skillz homey.......

Man, did we have fun last nite.........Your studio fuckin rocks!!!!!
Iam soooooooo glad I called you!!!!!!What a gas!!! I EVEN SANG!!!!!!!SHIEEEEEEEET!!!!!

Kramer said:
I love it man!The many moods of ralph funaro.:D You are a monster on the piano ralph.Have you ever thought about forming a smooth jazz band or doing something like David Benoit and Joe Sample do?You definetly have the talent to make an assload of cash in that genre of music.

Top notch playing and recording ralph.That MR 8 aint a bad sounding little machine.

"yeah, dude,

but only w/ you, trackin' & if we do "I Can't " or "Hipnotized"...............your shit fuckin rulz!!!!!;) ;) :D

Prostrated-Nine,

You sir could make the venerable Mr.-Rogers'-piano-player-guy release water in his knickers. Liberace has nothing on you! :eek: :eek: Applause.

Nyah hyah nyah nyah nyah nyah.... heh...

Add another worshipping fan to the hoarde. Great job.

Chad

chrisharris said:
This'll sound like I'm kissing your ass, but so be it.

YOU RULE!!!!!!

Definitely heard the "doc" influence in here, lol, but this made more sense to me.

You really are a pretty rare talent, my crack-headed maestro. It's like 88 keys just aren't enough, eh?

(I almost pissed myself on the "nay-nee nay-nee boo boo" part; the first one) :D

Starting at @6:30 - you should make a tune out of that...it's not all discordant and stuff, so I know I suck, and it may already be a famous piece of music or something, but I really liked that slice a lot. (you probably hate comparisons to pop players that don't have 1/10th of your skillz, but I always loved "Songs From The Attic," and parts of this gave me the same live vibe. I'll shut up, now.

What a fucking great post!

Naaahhhh! YOU RULE DUDE!!!!! Your shit is so fucking well done it humbles me................& It's your secondary career........Damn! you are one talented individual!!!!!!

Get the Fuck outta the cave & do your music man...........I've checked out all of your MANGO page ......................and DAMN, you are........the one & only .......".CHRISHARRISSSSSSSSSS !!!!!!!!"
( ADD MEGAVERB AND HBO FIGHT COMMENTARY VOCAL ARTICULATION to the previous quote , & I works bigtime

( know what???? If you SUCKED, I'd tell you !!!!!!but......ya don't!!

BTW: did anyone catch my homeboy, Mickey Ward, on HBO SAT nite????? Lowell MA)
Man , What a slugfest.....When I was in the "gloves"', I trained w/ his ring coach' Dickie Eckland who kicked my ass on several occasions! Shit , I'm sooooooo gladI opted for music!!!!!

Ralph

Last edited:
Kramer said:
I love it man!The many moods of ralph funaro.:D You are a monster on the piano ralph.Have you ever thought about forming a smooth jazz band or doing something like David Benoit and Joe Sample do?You definetly have the talent to make an assload of cash in that genre of music.

Top notch playing and recording ralph.That MR 8 aint a bad sounding little machine.

Did I mention that I love you? ( In the manly way of course)
You are one of the first cats to ever respond to my initial post here and tell me what I was fucking-up as far as posting the proper website and URL..I will never forget your kindness ................some people are just nice, other people suck, then there are some that are pure "gems'. You , my friend are of the latter, & I would do anything for you!

THANK YOU KRAMER,( for being Kramer!)

Ralph

Okay, I'm not gonna DL the whole 9M... but it streamed okay for me. <bad french accent> Vry vry niiiiiice </accent>

You do any Mendelssohn? I've always loved Andante & Rondo Capriccioso, and it sounds like you could do a nice interpretation. Or Souvenirs d'Andalousie by Gottschalk.

pglewis said:
Okay, I'm not gonna DL the whole 9M... but it streamed okay for me. <bad french accent> Vry vry niiiiiice </accent>

You do any Mendelssohn? I've always loved Andante & Rondo Capriccioso, and it sounds like you could do a nice interpretation. Or Souvenirs d'Andalousie by Gottschalk.

YOU FUCKING HOT SHIT!!!!!!

I quoted Rondo Capriccioso several times through this improv!!!!!
NEVER IN MY DREAMS did I ever think someone would catch that "quote"....................GREAT EARS , MAN......YOUR EARS RULE IN MY BOOK :D :D :D :D :D :D

participant said:
Prostrated-Nine,

You sir could make the venerable Mr.-Rogers'-piano-player-guy release water in his knickers. Liberace has nothing on you! :eek: :eek: Applause.

Nyah hyah nyah nyah nyah nyah.... heh...

Add another worshipping fan to the hoarde. Great job.

Chad

Hey Chad'
Shieeeeet!
Thanks man!
Nice comparison........and dead-on balls center!!!:cool: :cool: :cool:

Re: Smartass!

M.Brane said:
I noticed the recurring theme in this.:D

Your such a piano player!:ps...Seriously, this is smokin' dude!:cool:

Thanks for sharing.:)

ALAN,

You have taught my sooooooo much in your past posts ......................You RULE here as king of ELEPHANT ears!!!

Fuck that!!!!!! Your musicianship & playing...........yeah, man........ you got it happening!!!!!! THANK YOU for being such a major asset
to this board!!!!!!!

Innovations said:
Nice improv, loved it.

What mics and placement did you use, and did you do much of anything other than just track it?

I wish!!!! Bosendorfer with 12 NUEMANNS meticulously placed......is what I'd like to say.........alas....Korg XC-3000if & an MR-8 worked just as well!!!! Thanks so much for checking me out!

Khompewtur said:
What does it all meeeann man!! What is the messaaaage man...
uhm.. yeah very nice jam. I think that recurring theme made a guest appearance in the last 30 seconds of red white and bflat too.
Very good job.*clap clap clap*

You Know ED Zackery what it means...very hip ears man!!!! The Red White and B3 quote was meant for Saddam specificly......this one was .......well..... just for the fun of it! :D :D :D

mixmkr said:
yeah...well, I guess I'll just stop posting my slop...
yeah...you're right...pretty friggin sloppy.. I'd go shred some more if I were you... You damn tinklers from Massachusites!!:D

You, my friend are never sloppy..........& alll your comments are never taken with a grain of salt!!!!!

Always candid....... well thought out, and respected bigtime!:D :D

BTW: Everyone including myself needs to "SHED" if we wanna play with the big boys..........catch my drift?

I respect you immensely mix.. ..... :cool:

Ralph

WATYF said:
friggin' cool stuff man... I wish I could play that good on ANY instrument... :p
WATYF

Dude!!!! I will never forget your kindness & honesty re: "input needed "when I needed help with recording my son's drums. I def needed your ears on that one & you came thru w/ shining colors!.............I LOVE your soul on ALL that you post! Musical & Literary!!!!!!:D :D :D

Thanks man,
Ralph

Toki987 said:
I'm glad you posted this my friend. I was listening to some T Lavitz today and got to thinkin about you.
i`ll hear it in the a.m. when I get off work.

I Love you Ken! ( in a manly way of course!) YOU ARE THE GROOVEMASTER!!!

Back