Outta MY Cage, & boy ,did that feel good!

flat-9

http://www.nowhereradio.com/artists/album.php?aid=2683&alid=-1

OUTTA MY CAGE

Hey guys & gals,

This is what happens @ home when I get a gig cancelled, which is what occurred this afternoon,( groom got cold feet) so I guess I was let out of 'MY' cage early, as I had some pent up creativity that I had to get out!

THIS IS MY SOUL. Just me and my piano, live. Sloppy, but nonetheless…ME!

(1st take with ‘no meticulous planning’ at all, LOTS of clams that I refuse to fix as this is as pure as it fucking gets! It took as long to record it as it did to play it.)

I trust that you will listen to the ENTIRE improvisation as it is multifaceted with a smattering of everything in me that HAD to get out due to the lack of a gig that never transpired. It went on for another 12 minutes but I figured I’d spare you. My favorite shit kicks in @ 6:00 give or take a few mp3 seconds.

Totally free…..Totally me....well, a small piece of me!

Peace,
Ralph

BTW: I personally want to thank drstawl for giving me the balls to post a smidgen of my soul in this forum. ( The next one could possibly be a I IV V smoking lil’ blues tune, but it still, and always will be, MY soul.)

http://www.nowhereradio.com/artists/album.php?aid=2683&alid=-1
OUTTA MY CAGE

Hey Ralph,
while I am downloading this Nine Meg file....

you wanna jam tonight?

let me know man....
the time is good for me if it is for you...

holy shit Ralph..............

this is fuckin' amazing......
u gotz fat skillz homey.......

what is that little familiar melody/riff that plays differently throughout???
6 notes....just can't seem to put my finger on where it is from....ya know?

I liked the Boogie Woogie at 3:30 and the soft part at 6:10....
very cool man....

I love it man!The many moods of ralph funaro.:D You are a monster on the piano ralph.Have you ever thought about forming a smooth jazz band or doing something like David Benoit and Joe Sample do?You definetly have the talent to make an assload of cash in that genre of music.

Top notch playing and recording ralph.That MR 8 aint a bad sounding little machine.

This'll sound like I'm kissing your ass, but so be it.

YOU RULE!!!!!!

Definitely heard the "doc" influence in here, lol, but this made more sense to me.

You really are a pretty rare talent, my crack-headed maestro. It's like 88 keys just aren't enough, eh?

(I almost pissed myself on the "nay-nee nay-nee boo boo" part; the first one) :D

Starting at @6:30 - you should make a tune out of that...it's not all discordant and stuff, so I know I suck, and it may already be a famous piece of music or something, but I really liked that slice a lot. (you probably hate comparisons to pop players that don't have 1/10th of your skillz, but I always loved "Songs From The Attic," and parts of this gave me the same live vibe. I'll shut up, now.

Smartass!

I noticed the recurring theme in this.:D

Your such a piano player!:p

Seriously, this is smokin' dude!:cool:

Thanks for sharing.:)

Nice improv, loved it.

What mics and placement did you use, and did you do much of anything other than just track it?

What does it all meeeann man!! What is the messaaaage man...

uhm.. yeah very nice jam. I think that recurring theme made a guest appearance in the last 30 seconds of red white and bflat too.

Very good job.*clap clap clap*

yeah...well, I guess I'll just stop posting my slop...

yeah...you're right...pretty friggin sloppy.. I'd go shred some more if I were you... You damn tinklers from Massachusites!!:D

friggin' cool stuff man... I wish I could play that good on ANY instrument... :p

WATYF

I'm glad you posted this my friend. I was listening to some T Lavitz today and got to thinkin about you.
i`ll hear it in the a.m. when I get off work.

That was some awesome improv.

I'm excited to have had any part in its creation, particularly the inspirational angle. :D

I like that snazzy change right at 7:06.

Nothing canned here. All fresh. And very tasty.

Again at 1:35 for that stormin' section. A few clams here and there, but it's so good that I'd probably not bother going on a MIDI search & destroy mission for them. It adds a little edge of the sort you know I like.... :)

Why did you leave out the other 12 Minutes:(

I got this dumb awestruck smile about half way through and now it wont go away. Are you insured for things like happening:D

Fantabulous

But I Need MORE
Peace
bill

Listening now..................................................................:)

Nice............you kick good bass while comping.....................Hmmmm, a little ELP, it sounds like..........you have a good piano sound..............nice transitions between different rhythmic sections........I like the section about 4 minutes into it................
good chops man........we really need to do something together...PM me sometime about that................

Very nice chops and really good improvisation which, to me, is the main thing I look for in a player.........You're in Florida aren't you? I come there a lot and I'm gonna have to look you up.....nice playing for sure.
EDIT: No I just looked,..... Massachusetts? ... Well I suppose I won't be looking you up any time soon....guess it'll have to be via internet. :)

A rollercoaster ride...and then they say dutchies are weird ;)

Great job, Ralph!

I just thought of something...you slam this on tape in 9 minutes....if I had to play it it would take me 10 years to program! LOL :D

What a delight it must be to have fingers like yours... :D

One thing though....(it surely is a good sounding patch), but don't you, mr. Pianoman, have a real piano? :)

WHoooffa!!!I knew I shoulda kept up with my piano lessons.F*CK!This is quite impressive.Textured and full of life.I bet you keep a fire extinguisher around to put out your hands.Got me goin' on this dreary Monday morning.THanx!

WOW,

You play like your hands are on fire, and you're trying to put them out on the keyboard!!

Improv, is definately you!!

Absolutely fantastic!!

BTW: Loved the nanny nanny boo boo you threw in there, now grow up.

GT

Ralph,
..sweeeeeeeeet tinkling man. ..........Homey's got some skills... Homey's got some skills

.....Excellent jammin' bro! Love this stuff.

g w/5

I thought that was Take a Pebble by ELP when I first heard it. That's some serious playing there. A great listen.

Back