Oregon Suspends Basic Skills Graduation Requirement in the Name of Equity

Yeah man... your use of the words "spew" "spit" "frantic" "rabid" are all really, really, really weird when people talk intelligently to you. You're reading "news" articles that are just not truthful and are trying to dig into your racist nature. It's obviously working, but man... you're the one "spewing". Sorry. We've tried to help you over and over. You just hate black people. You love Donard Trump and you think you're the smartest guy on (flat) Earth because of your Google (or is it some sort of Right Wing Replacement Google?) skills to try and "research" from YouTube Videos and Right Wing(nut) Websites.
Not much research is necessary when all one has to do is show what the progressive left is doing to send us all back to the Dark Ages.
As I've stated many times here (going back to 1999) I'm not a Republican. But at least they're not completely devoid of common sense.
This is the kind of stuff the progressive left gives us...
Banning gas stoves. Eliminating basic minimum education standards. Pushing electric everything, and then trying to ban the coal and nuclear plants that's necessary to power all that electric stuff. Don't even get me started about the Dems replacing fathers with a government check, started by LBJ and his Great Society. It's all sending us backwards.
Progressivism is a huge bundle of contradictions that defies simple logic. You can dress up your arguments with all the Ivy League mumbo jumbo you want. It still won't change the fact that the progressive agenda is basically a power grab by the elite (rich) class using an army of useful idiots raised on University psycho-babble and "scientific studies" done by (and funded by) you guessed it... more progressives!
People are finally waking up to that, thank God. Even though you don't acknowledge his existence, either.
Now, here comes the part where you'll spin everything I've said and call it racist. :P

Lol - :ROFLMAO: you act like this is new or a revelation. You've been crying *racism!!* since forever. It's a nervous tic with you people, it's the only response you're capable of in the face of anything you don't like.

View attachment 134297

Did you know that white people can engage in poverty-perpetuating behavior too?
Now you’re back to attacking me instead of what I’ve said. I said address the columns I attached or don’t talk to me. You had a specific question so I tried to have a reasonable dialogue. You’re back to childishness.

brassplyer said:
Lol - :ROFLMAO: you act like this is new or a revelation. You've been crying *racism!!* since forever. It's a nervous tic with you people, it's the only response you're capable of in the face of anything you don't like.

View attachment 134297

Did you know that white people can engage in poverty-perpetuating behavior too?
Now you’re back to attacking me instead of what I’ve said.
You mean like when I said the gloves are off and made a huffing pronouncement about you being a racist?

Oh wait...

Buck62 said:
Not much research is necessary when all one has to do is show what the progressive left is doing to send us all back to the Dark Ages.
Back to the dark ages like rescinding Roe/Wade? Like religion creeping into politics?
That kind of dark ages?
I support first trimester abortion rights. Can you outline the constitutional basis for Roe? If something isn't supported by the Constitution it's not proper.

You mean like when I said the gloves are off and made a huffing pronouncement about you being a racist?

Oh wait...
I responded to your antagonism with my own, yes. I said respond to the specific issues in the attached articles your don’t talk to me. You asked a reasonable question, and I responded in kind hoping to dial down the hostility. Then you got childish again. You do that when you can’t respond without backing yourself in to a corner. I ask you direct questions, allowing you to the chance to deny your racism, but you don’t.

For the record, what is the reason you believe for the socioeconomic differences between whites and blacks?

For anyone who needs news from a "normal" source regarding this. There's plenty of them. Here's one -

Someone wrote that students still have to take and pass tests, which is partially true. You'd think it'd be that basic and easy. But, it's not. Many kids (95% minority schools in poor urban areas) are pushed through the school system to just get them out. In the US many areas have incentives for the schools to pass kids to get more money. I think it's Baltimore has the most money per kid and the system is beyond a mess. The graduation levels are extremely low. The test scores are abysmal. Money can't fix what's broke in the home.

I recently saw a video about one of these new "being kind and understanding takes precedent over the children learning" school, very much like the losing team are really winners. Participation trophies for everyone. This school who promoted this theory for 5 years, had ZERO students who could do basic math. Yet, every kid graduated.

The world is broken like never before.

I used to think I'm just in old man phase. Like WW 2 vets hated that noise rock and roll. Nothing was as good as it used to be. But, I don't think that's it. Kids are so fucking stupid nowadays they don't even know what a boy and a girl are.

If I'm correctly understanding what you're describing they're eliminating a realistic assessment of their progress, which is a huge disservice to students contemplating going into a highly competitive field. If their playing isn't up to par they need to be made aware of it to either improve or pursue a different vocation. When they eventually encounter being judged seriously it's going to be a hard reality.
No, I think the problem is that the colleges want people who are musical, those who despite perhaps no orthodox lessons, can clearly play. Some at a basic level others really well, but the idea that everyone MUST be able to get a piece of paper, with virtually no skills is not good. Failure is unacceptable, so all the entry level courses need to be able to reward people with a pass. Once they move up the levels it’s all normal, but I wonder if this American shift is to do with the same thing. Give people some kind of credit. What would obviously be wrong is if the system is not applied across every prospective student. Equal opportunities.

I deal and pay for a lot of things in cash. Being that I do so I often have a pocket full of change, coins, weighing down my pants in danger of revealing my butt crack. Therefore I can do exact change payment, or close enough to get some of that change out of my pocket rather than dump it in a change jar when I get home at the end of the day.

The times I am met with a glazed look by young folks working the cash register when I pay close but not exact change. The other day at the grocery store my total came to 16 dollars and 93 cents. Awesome, I can get a lot of change out of my pocket rather than pay in all bills and add change to my pocket. Bummer I didn't have a nickel(5 cent coin). So, I gave the girl 16 dollars paper money, and 98 cents in coins. She looked puzzled, and annoyed. She took about a long 45 seconds to count the money, looking back and forth at the bills and change. She finally figured it out, I gave her too much money! She says, "you gave me too much", with a look like I was the dumbass. :facepalm: She tries to give me back the three pennies, which means she would have to then give me back 2 more pennies in change.....which equals 5 cents, a nickel. I told her she can just keep the pennies and give me back a nickel. At that point clearly annoyed she says "okay" and hands me a nickel. She just wanted me out of her life, I think I could have said anything, give me a dime, quarter, a dollar even, and she would have done it. Hell, I was just looking to in the exchange trade 98 cents in coin money for one coin, a nickel.

That happens often, why I do not know, to my understanding the damn cash register does all the adding and subtracting for them. Call me a crusty old fart if you want, but the one that gets me is when in paying for something and they owe me change they ask, "do you want the pennies?". Well, heck yeah I want the pennies. It's not necessarily that I want the pennies, it's the principle of the matter. If a nation wide company kept every penny a customer was owed from every transaction every day, that would add to dollars, lots of dollars. That's how that shit works. Do you mind if I hold a dollar? Lemme hold a dollar.

A lot of kids are dumb as rocks these days, and unprincipled.

I just did the same thing the other day at a local fast food place. The charge was 5.91. I handed the lady $6, she hit the register, and then I said, "wait I have a penny". She smiled and handed me a dime. Guess what... she's an immigrant (I think somewhere around eastern Europe, maybe Serbia/Croatia from her accent). Some people still understand simple arithmetic.

Ujn Hunter rabidly, frantically spewed and spit out:
Yeah man... your use of the words "spew" "spit" "frantic" "rabid" are all really, really, really weird when people talk intelligently to you. You're reading "news" articles that are just not truthful and are trying to dig into your racist nature. It's obviously working, but man... you're the one "spewing". Sorry. We've tried to help you over and over. You just hate black people. You love Donard Trump and you think you're the smartest guy on (flat) Earth because of your Google (or is it some sort of Right Wing Replacement Google?) skills to try and "research" from YouTube Videos and Right Wing(nut) Websites.
That's a lot of spewed words.

Curious what your point is?

Obvs, she was DUMB & Black. Or in Brass Smokers eyes since that's redundant to him/her, just Black. Even though Tin Foil Hat Man didn't even think to explain "WHY" he was giving her "extra" coins in the first place and could have easily saved EVERYONE time and effort by asking for a nickel back (ugh... Nickelback).

I deal and pay for a lot of things in cash. Being that I do so I often have a pocket full of change, coins, weighing down my pants in danger of revealing my butt crack. Therefore I can do exact change payment, or close enough to get some of that change out of my pocket rather than dump it in a change jar when I get home at the end of the day.

The times I am met with a glazed look by young folks working the cash register when I pay close but not exact change. The other day at the grocery store my total came to 16 dollars and 93 cents. Awesome, I can get a lot of change out of my pocket rather than pay in all bills and add change to my pocket. Bummer I didn't have a nickel(5 cent coin). So, I gave the girl 16 dollars paper money, and 98 cents in coins. She looked puzzled, and annoyed. She took about a long 45 seconds to count the money, looking back and forth at the bills and change. She finally figured it out, I gave her too much money! She says, "you gave me too much", with a look like I was the dumbass. :facepalm: She tries to give me back the three pennies, which means she would have to then give me back 2 more pennies in change.....which equals 5 cents, a nickel. I told her she can just keep the pennies and give me back a nickel. At that point clearly annoyed she says "okay" and hands me a nickel. She just wanted me out of her life, I think I could have said anything, give me a dime, quarter, a dollar even, and she would have done it. Hell, I was just looking to in the exchange trade 98 cents in coin money for one coin, a nickel.

That happens often, why I do not know, to my understanding the damn cash register does all the adding and subtracting for them. Call me a crusty old fart if you want, but the one that gets me is when in paying for something and they owe me change they ask, "do you want the pennies?". Well, heck yeah I want the pennies. It's not necessarily that I want the pennies, it's the principle of the matter. If a nation wide company kept every penny a customer was owed from every transaction every day, that would add to dollars, lots of dollars. That's how that shit works. Do you mind if I hold a dollar? Lemme hold a dollar.

A lot of kids are dumb as rocks these days, and unprincipled.
There's a reason why kids can't add. They're allowed to use calculators in the classroom. So, they never learn how to do it with their brain.

My car has so many bells and whistles it's annoying as hell. I know how to drive. I don't need the car to tell me. Young people will now learn with this technology. When the technology breaks, they're not going to know what to do. Young cashiers and math is a perfect example of the future with cars. It's going to be extremely deadly.

Back to the dark ages like rescinding Roe/Wade? Like religion creeping into politics?
That kind of dark ages?
They didn't make abortion illegal. The SC sent it back to the states to decide what they want to do.
The followed the Constitution. And since when is religion creeping into politics?
On the contrary, Godless libs have succeeded in taking God out of everything... which pretty much explains why this country is so screwed up.

Back