One of the coolest things I saw in media today

But you're staying if Trump becomes president?

Trump *ADMITTED* that he sexually assaults women. He was subsequently found liable in a court of law for doing exactly that. (<---and, of course, lied through his teeth about it)

He was, is, and continues to be a world class chronic, pathological, serial liar. He lies constantly to this very day.

He attempted, with all his might, to steal the last election. Think about that dude. Right out in the light of day - he tried to thwart the electoral process and stay in power after losing the electoral college fair and square. He has persisted with his lies about that outcome.

His is, observably.... a narcissistic, boastful, self-centered, mean-spirited, thin-skinned, vindictive jerk - not paralleled by any one I've ever known or can think of. He is a walking, talking, breathing perfect example of everything I raised my children not to be.

It's not a political, policy, partisan, or ideological thing. It is about *character*.

Our presidents have not been perfect people. None of them. I don't expect that. We're human beings. That said... Donald Trump is a world class piece of shit human being by just about any and every measure of character.
I would have to say, everything you have stated, while a lot of opinions and very subjective, is fairly accurate. I think me personally, that is why I like him, he is pretty transparent.

As a note, Joe Bidden didn't get to stay in offices being a nice guy, just sayin'. That guy is so good, he will be like the Kennedys and we won't know all of his crap until decades after he is dead.

I have to assume you are either new to politics or have failed to do any kind of historical research. The person you described is just about every president for the last 100 years, with the exception of Jimmy Carter and the world ate his ass for lunch! But Carter is a good guy, but was a bad president.

When you look at Kennedy, Johnson, Clinton (her not him), Obama (again, her not him) Roosevelt and others who wanted to be president, you will find the same people. However, they were very stealthy and hid/hide it well. Trump, you know what you pay for.

Maybe another time in history, I wouldn't give Trump a second look. But today, it seems we need someone who is a cage fighter and not a gentleman boxer.

I would say, I think you are correct in your assessment, but rather naive in your understanding of politics and the world. With Putin, Jinping, and people I don't even know about out there. He kind of looks good to me. At least I know he can give it a good go, that he has proven over the last decade.

With Putin, Jinping, and people I don't even know about out there. He kind of looks good to me. At least I know he can give it a good go, that he has proven over the last decade.
You saw everything I posted earlier in this thread about Trump’s Russian associations hiding-in-plain-sight? You essentially mention Putin as a world concern, but vote for the guy who defends him?

You saw everything I posted earlier in this thread about Trump’s Russian associations hiding-in-plain-sight? You essentially mention Putin as a world concern, but vote for the guy who defends him?
Well, several different ways to look at it. The devil you see verses the devil you don't see.

Look, IMO if you like soft serve Joe, I think you should support him. My main point here is, don't think the guy is any different from Trump, he just doesn't show you. Soft serve Joe has been in politics a long time, that is because he knows the game and is a master at it or at least was, not so sure now. I just don't think he (soft serve Joe) represents a direction in economic, domestic and foreign affairs that I agree with.

I do think the leaders of the democratic party should be reviewed for elder abuse. I wouldn't do to my mom or dad what they are doing to him. Poor guy looks so stiff, after walking, he does a victory eye roll.

Yep - there's that. Trump's overwhelmingly friendly posturing and treatment of Putin.

And then there's this with regard to the Biden administration's countering of China's expansionist moves in their own region. This is an interesting read. You should be able to read this article without a subscription.

Yep - there's that. Trump's overwhelmingly friendly posturing and treatment of Putin.

And then there's this with regard to the Biden administration's countering of China's expansionist moves in their own region. This is an interesting read. You should be able to read this article without a subscription.

Thanks for posting that but in some ways it increases my anxiety. There is a fine line between deterrence and saber-rattling. We are skating pretty close to it. Their stated goal is to assimilate Taiwan - bring them home. It may ultimately prove to be a hard thing to stop. Should the PRC say fuck it and land troops what response can we have that has any chance of success and doesn't fry the planet? We can make 'em pay dearly but boot 'em out? Yeah good luck with that.

I don't have strong feelings about that policy one way or the other as I am not only not an expert on US/China foreign policy- but I don't know much about it at all.I assume it's a complex subject that requires expert knowledge.

But I do wonder about the damned if you do damned if you don't point of view from folks who are also not experts.

What is so terrible right now that another 4 years of it would drive you away?
Taxes up, funding 2 new wars
Grocery bills up, funding taxes ^^
Home prices up.
Inflation at unprecedented rates.
And don't give me that CoVid excuse bulltish. CoVid has been over a long time ago, and certainly did not contribute to 2 new wars.

Taxes up, funding 2 new wars
Grocery bills up, funding taxes ^^
Home prices up.
Inflation at unprecedented rates.
And don't give me that CoVid excuse bulltish. CoVid has been over a long time ago, and certainly did not contribute to 2 new wars.
I'm giving you that covid excuse bullshit. Because it's real as fuck and an overwhelming number of economists agree. That's a fact. We're talking Markets 101 dude.

I don't have strong feelings about that policy one way or the other as I am not only not an expert on US/China foreign policy- but I don't know much about it at all.I assume it's a complex subject that requires expert knowledge.

But I do wonder about the damned if you do damned if you don't point of view from folks who are also not experts.

I'm more into damned if you do let's bribe 'em. There should be a money talks method of reunification that would work for everyone. It will take imagination and creative deal-making but focus on that instead of big stick diplomacy. We should be smart enough to do this

Amen, but I do know a little so I’ll blurb out some fuzzy facts. From my understanding (I believe under Nixon Admin during his historic visit to China in the ‘70s, a result was the US officially recognized the PRC as the ruling govt of Taiwan, switched from the prior ruling govt following WWII. Before that and back to WWII, iirc Japan invaded Mongolia and Taiwan and ruled them by otherthrow, maybe back to WWI. But the US helping China regain their territories was the beef Japan had the the U.S. So as I understand Taiwan officially belongs to China but China let it do its own thing like a sovereign nation and Taiwan is now a fincial gem and yeah, they want a piece of that action now. As with Gaza and Ukraine diplomatic negotiation is desperately. War is going to win any of these unless there are troops on the ground and a power like US is directly involved, and that is risky given that all of the 3 major conflicts (Taiwan not yet but building) involve nuclear nations and all are critical parts of the global economy.

What? I thought that best rap mic for under $100 was kinda funny. I’m sure those threads are not popping up like they used to in the 2010s but it seemed like the same thread title was constantly posted and became a running joke. I did visited the mic forum briefly this morning and glad to see Harvey Gerst still has some threads at the top of the list. There was another seasoned engineer that posted something one time along the lines of ‘90% of the sound is in the performer, and 10% in recording chain.’ I always assumed that that included knowing how to use the recording chain properly in which case it may be much more, but that one post seemed to quiet a lot of the ‘which isn’t he best for $100’ threads, mic, preamp, etc.

Back OT, I guess Israeli population is getting active in protests now and saw on media an active protest in Tel Aviv. Notsomuch as the humanitarian side of Palestinians but more anti-Netanyahu/govt in their handling of the whole thing. Apparently he has 2 more years on his term before next election. Interesting to watch the citizens uprise and wonder if anything big will come of it. Good intentions or not, Prime Minister got himself in deep in this one.

Back