One Man Acappella Track

Damn, this blew me away. Great stuff, amazing voice! the lyrics aren't my thing, but thumbs up musically.

This thread was closed for a bit and I was disappointed I could compliment you on your excellent acapella....But now it's unlocked so now I can :D .....Really enjoyed this one.....

The lyric of One Hundred Ways is better but the arrangement of What a friend is better.
ULTRA smooth & classy - 100 would be a classic placed in any cabaret & neo crooner selection. Manhattan Transfer can get that transfer now as they are redundant.
I can't offer you any comment re recording or mixing as you don'y need any.
Not my cup of capuccino but a nice drop nonetheless.
Cheers
rayC

Thanks for the compliments. Not many people listen to acappella music, but I hope that people can begin to have an appreciation for it. So much goes into it, from song selection to arrangement....and so on. Plus, we are extremely vocal specific, so we try to be the best vocal possible.

Glad that you all like the tunez. I've got more at www.mitchfewell.com/media.html

Lovely arrangement; lots of Take 6-meets-Bobby McFerrin influence. Delightful, powerful clean voices. Not fair calling it a capella though, with the trumpet synth. You should recruit those lines with a voice. I'd kill for your range and purity though, man, this is sweet and joyful to listen to. I can't critique the arranging choices at all; just really on the money. If I could offer something that is not exactly a critique, but more an encouragement; I think you have the chops and sensibilities to be even riskier harmonically and from an arranging perspective. I think you can go even farther than this and still maintain minastream listenability, yet you'd hit the "players" even harder than you already do. Not a critique though.

The longer I listened, the more I liked!

mitchfewell said:
Thanks for the compliments. Not many people listen to acappella music, but I hope that people can begin to have an appreciation for it. So much goes into it, from song selection to arrangement....and so on. Plus, we are extremely vocal specific, so we try to be the best vocal possible.

Glad that you all like the tunez. I've got more at www.mitchfewell.com/media.html

By the way, Change the World is one of my favorite songs, and your treatment is dead-nuts beautiful. Wow, man. Thanks for a rush of crisp joy for my ears.

Find my email address on my website (link in sig) and put me on your mailing list. When the new CD comes out, I want it. You are something special.

Llarion,

I got a super cool laugh from your synth comment. It was actually the best possible compliment that a acappella vocalist could recieve. That trumpet is 100% done vocal by my mouth. No FX added, just a doubled part.

And thanks for being so articulately complimentary (is that a word?) You can tell that you have an ear for music.

I've got a 7-song EP that i just sent off yesterday to have duped. I'll send you a complimentary one for kikks.

I'm sure that the more you listen to the trump, you'll hear it's the voice. Listen again with some nice headphones, it might help.

thanks again,

mitch

mitchfewell said:
Llarion,

I got a super cool laugh from your synth comment. It was actually the best possible compliment that a acappella vocalist could recieve. That trumpet is 100% done vocal by my mouth. No FX added, just a doubled part.

And thanks for being so articulately complimentary (is that a word?) You can tell that you have an ear for music.

I've got a 7-song EP that i just sent off yesterday to have duped. I'll send you a complimentary one for kikks.

I'm sure that the more you listen to the trump, you'll hear it's the voice. Listen again with some nice headphones, it might help.

thanks again,

mitch
HAHAHAHAHAHAH!!! I will indeed! I half suspected, but I was so immersed in the harmony, I wasn't listening keenly for it! What are you processing with? Your mastering is really nice and even..

I'm using parametric eq, compression, a little bit of auto-tune (post recording) and an occasional reverb on the trax for the most part. On the master track i'm using a TC Electronics reverb, stereo expander, graphic eq, and a limiter and an apogee plug in.

that's about it.

I heard a quote recently about keeping recording simple. He said "it's about the music, stupid!" I record according to that.

i tired to listen with explorer and firefox and both times all i got was skipping on both tracks......

mitchfewell said:
I'm using parametric eq, compression, a little bit of auto-tune (post recording) and an occasional reverb on the trax for the most part. On the master track i'm using a TC Electronics reverb, stereo expander, graphic eq, and a limiter and an apogee plug in.

that's about it.

I heard a quote recently about keeping recording simple. He said "it's about the music, stupid!" I record according to that.

I was pretty sure I heard the AutoTune, but you blended the thresholds so closely to the human percussion that it's nearly invisible. Really well done... You never know whether to mention it or not, some people are touchy about it. If I ever do singing stuff, I'll be slathering it in autotune thicker than Tammy Fay Bakker's makeup. :)

Back