One for Gerg?

kip4

Do you own or have you used a proco rat Greg? As your main od pedal or is your sound all amp?

Do you own or have you used a proco rat Greg? As your main od pedal or is your sound all amp?

I do have a ProCo Rat - 1991 Vintage Reissue w/ the coveted LM308 chip.

I literally never use it. I'm open to offers if you or anyone else wants to buy it. I bought it new and I've been the only owner. It's a little dusty but in great shape and works perfectly.

I'm straight guitar + amp 99% of the time and nothing else. On the rare occasion I use an OD, it's a TS-9 Tube Screamer or Boss SD-1.

Cool Thanks Greg. I had a feeling thats what you'd say. :)

Haha no prob. You interested in a Rat? I really liked mine when I was younger and had shitty combo amps. My Strat copy going into the Rat into a crappy solid state combo was punk rock fury. Lol. Now, I don't play any better, but with better guitars, amps, and ears, it's of no use to me anymore. My amps by themselves do everything I want to do.

I was just interested because I make a great clone of the rat. I'm glad you enjoyed yours. Anyone wanna buy a Rat clone? Made in England.

I was just interested because I make a great clone of the rat. I'm glad you enjoyed yours. Anyone wanna buy a Rat clone? Made in England.

Spammer! :mad:

Just kidding. I think The Rat has sort of fallen out of favor these days. Sure there are some that love them, but I really don't see much of anyone using them at all anymore. I won't use mine. I pretty much hate it these days.

i saw the mitch mitchell blues band and mitch played a boogie with a proco rat

he sounded so good i went out and bought a rat

i really liked it for a long time

this was in 87 or 88

. My Strat copy going into the Rat into a crappy solid state combo was punk rock fury.

Ahmen to that! The guitarist in my last band did exactly this for the "punkier" sounds and then used a big muff pi for the meatier stuff. Saying that the other guys i know who've owned rats have all sold them now. One replaced it with a digitech hot head that he modded, one went for a Fuzz Face clone after he realised he was never gonna be graham coxon, and i don't know about the others. One day i'm sure they'll come back into vogue :)

Back