old song new stuff..

Good work jamal bucket ..

Like those choruses and harmony vox, nice smooth flowing song. Listened a few times and found it very relaxing. Instrumentation is very well done. I can hear what is being said about the snare but i think everything else is well tied together, was there some universal reverb applied to the mix?

Outtro vox rule dude! Damn you and Harris sound "a lot" alike:confused: Hmmm?:D I won't even go there:D . Maybe an issue here and there, but this is a damn fine tune. Some of the "best' vocal's on the board no doubt. This one's better than the first one;)*****

David

Jamal

Sorry I missed this, Been fishing alot lately as the King Salmon started hitting on Lake Michigan this week !!!

Will give proper crankage and hit Ya tomorrow.

But I'm sure its Great!

Joel

I think I remember this. Mainly I remember the sadness. It really is a great song. Well written as usual.

I like the full production. Your vocals are great as usual. Guitar tones are really nice. They fit really well. I think your mixing has improved a ton.

Drums kill it for me. The playing is good. I think you play live. The sounds are just bad IMO (although I guess others thought they sounded good so what do I know). Plus the snare sounds loud. I would love to play this on the real miced kit in my basement, but I am not a good enough drummer. I had to crawl my way through the challenge collab with joro. :( You could come over to my house. :) I think you are in Oregan. That's only 3,000+ miles from Atlanta. :)

Something weird on the vocals at :40 (reverb, AT?) Just sounded a littler funny.

Once again, it is a great song. I am glad you found the time to put this together and post it.

Regarding the drums - I would reverb the whole kit more if you have not done so - especially the snare. The reverb needs to match the rest of the reverb in the song. Then see if the snare level needs to come down.

Jam all

Very nice!

Good blend on the stringed instruments, spread enough but not to any extreme, levels are equally good. The distorted soloing in the bg is a nice touch. Excellent vox as usual. Tom hit the sibilance thing, which is more prevelant in the beginning verses where the full arrangement kicks in. Theres a bit of drag at around 2:20, kinda like a split second delay.
Outro vox are Beatlesque.

Please share how this was (re)done. Did you play all the guitars??
I am interested in your progression. Is there a flange on the vox?

So many questions............:D

A big 5 from one of your biggest fans!

Jamal Rocks again.

Joel

Hey Jamal -- Jumping in a little late on this one, and I haven't read any of the other comments, so I'm not sure if I'll be repeating anything or not...

I can't remember if I caught this one the first time around...

Nice playing and the vocals sound good on this end (there was a flat note somewhere near the beginning but that is the only one I can pick up ... unfortunately I'm not sure exactly where that occured) :)

It seems like some of the verb on this could go -- imho -- The vocal sounds a bit far away. Also, have you put a bass on this yet? Sounds like it needs a bit of a boost in the low-end.

As far as the song goes, I think it is a good song and well played!

:D

nice vocals, good song!

I didn't read the replys, but if anyone mentioned the timing issues, the snare drum, and the minor auto tune abuse, I agree..

:D

Back