Ok, I had this bright idea, I need your opinions

FUCK!!!!!!!!

I somehow lost all my shit. I cut up all my samples in acid and then save the entire project. I then use the samples in FL. Well, I was working in FL and got as far as I could at that point and decided to go back to Acid to copy some samples and add effects to them and tweak them up a bit to create different textures with the beat. I opened my project with all the samples and ALL OF THEM ARE THE SAME THING!!!! I have no idea what the fuck happend.

I will finish this shit with what I do have, since this is already my second attempt at this as, the first was a failure.

ah man, I kinda see where this was going, yo the beat is SICK! you gotta finish this up...why are you messing with acid on your samples? I've got acid too but I'm really luv'n using edison in FL. liv_rong you gotta finish freaking this one.

dac

dac, thanks man, I thought this was horrible! I will work on it some more this weekend, should be done in a few days, I have to work all weekend.

I like it more listening to it hours later, I have some ideas to make some different parts and layers and such.

Thanks for the enthusiasm, its a good kick in the ass for me to finish this up. If you wouldnt have siad that I probably would have never touched it again

Nice work liv_rong, I can hear a bassline in my head thats perfect for it, I played bass back in the day so I have a nack for basslines, it's dope anyway, good job! I really like the way you chopped up the guitar, super nice touch. Keep bang'n like that! Oh and I'm glad that I was the fire that helped motivate you to work more on it.

dac

i really didnt like the drums that were used - at first - once the music started and the groove of the song kicked in . . the drums are much more . . . enjoyable . . . im really diggin (like a shovel) this groove though - shit is smooth . .

aight fam... I'll let ya'll decide... i'm honestly scuurrred to post this up right now. i can't decide which direction i wanna go in. the original track is already "hard" in my opinion.. that's why i picked it... now my flip is NOT FINISHED BY ANY MEANS!!! so i kinda decided to make it a lil "harder". but the thing is, i don't know if anybody will be able to catch this vibe.. i mean the track might be cool to listen to but will anybody be able to flow to sumthin like this???? ya'll choose... i might just put this one to the side and do a traditional flip... let me know what ya'll think so far:confused:

lo-fi URL: http://www.soundclick.com/util/getplayer.m3u?id=6152477&q=lo
hi-fi URL: http://www.soundclick.com/util/getplayer.m3u?id=6152477&q=hi

what up fam... i tried to change my password and messed around and changed my whole user name.. I'm no longer " Call me Cell" now i just go by my real name "Marcelle" so hey..... it's me!!!:):eek::cool::D

forget that last post from "Marcelle" i'll just keep the "Call me Cell" name... i'm trying to change my email address but it's too much trouble so "Call me Cell" is da name!!!!!! i need to quit drinkin... at least for the day:D

the track is dope man, I think someone would for sure be able to write to that. I actually sampled that same part you did in the begining when i first tried it, but i cut it a little differently, yours is the shit man.

nice work

the track is dope man, I think someone would for sure be able to write to that. I actually sampled that same part you did in the begining when i first tried it, but i cut it a little differently, yours is the shit man.

nice work

thanks for the feedback.. it's just that i know how i am when i really get into a track... i seem to loose people when i do my thang!! ya know. i'm going to finish it up, but i just wanted to know how it sounded to others. i'm still playing around with the flute sounds, and how i want to incorporate em'. thanks again:cool:

Cell, this joint is definately different but I like it. It's going in a very creative direction and thats always good in my book. Very good work! Be sure to let us hear it with the flute, that will really set it off.

dac

THANKS DAC!! i'll add the flutes tomorrow and a few more chang-ups. still debating if i want to freak it out and add some live drums during one of the break- downs... we'll see. but i'll post up the finished track tomorrow. :cool:

Two questions:

First, since I didnt find find this track on my own, would it be out of line if I used my beat on a project Im working on with someone?

Second, when is the next project? Who is going to post something next? I got a few tracks I would like to post and see what we come up with

1. i'm not the hip-hop beat administrator... but i feel that if you make it, you can use it for whatever you like.

2. whenever someone posts another track, we can start on the next project. In my opinion.:)

liv_rong, yeah these beats are your own personal creations. you can use them as you wish...

Im ready for the next beat too, but give everybody a few more days to finish up this one. Once everybody starts clicking with this, you're gonna want 2 a week...:D

dac

Back