Nuendo to Cubase

lomky

I'm going to be doing some tracking in the new studio in a couple of months, and I want to prepare myself for any problems. The studio uses Nuendo 3.x as it's recording software and I am running Cubase SL 3.2 (I think) at home. I am planning on taking my external harddrive to the studio and copying the session to it and then doing some mixing and tracking at home.

Does anyone know if there are any issues opening Neundo files in Cubase? Of course I won't be able to import plug-ins, so if I use any of the UA or waves plugs I will export the effected tracks and import them into the session.

I'm pretty excited to be recording my first project in a real studio and I want to cover all my bases before going in.

Thanks

Yes, the only difference is the file ext, .npr or .cpr and Cubase and Nuendo can open both.

Thank you, one last question, I should have added to my original. The studio is running PC, and I am running Mac. Is that going to be a problem?

Now thats a good question! I would figure that it will not be a problem cause the programs are cross platform, meaning they work on Mac or PC. So Im going to say that it will work, If Im wrong someone will chime in and flame me :D

Get a PC and throw that Mac to me.... :D

Never tried Mac -> PC, theoretically it should 'work'. To be in a safe side - export each track to *.aiff or *.wav then go to that studio and give it to the AE. He should know how to import them to Nuendo..

I'm recording in he studio first. And I'm the AE, so I need to be able to bring the tracks home so I can work on them further. I'm certainly not getting into a mac vs PC thing. I just like working on the mac OS.

pretty sure there shouldn't be a problem with the session files, but like said above, export to wave too just in case.

Just an FYI sorta thing. Everything went off without a hitch! Absolutely no problems opening the npr files from the PC in Cubase on my mac.

Thanks for all the help.

lomky said:
Just an FYI sorta thing. Everything went off without a hitch! Absolutely no problems opening the npr files from the PC in Cubase on my mac.

Thanks for all the help.
Where's the fun in that???? :(

Yeah I know, I started feeling like a monkey could record the session. It's so nice to be able to record in a real room for a change, ahhh bands with a budget = good!

lomky said:

Thanks for all the help.

Good to hear that your sessions went well ;)

The PC to MAC thing might be a problem, but if you just save all the .wav files to your extrenal hard drive then import them to your Mac there will be no problem.
Not sure what you could do if you are wanting mix files from the studio to your MAC though.
Eck

ecktronic said:
The PC to MAC thing might be a problem, but if you just save all the .wav files to your extrenal hard drive then import them to your Mac there will be no problem.
Not sure what you could do if you are wanting mix files from the studio to your MAC though.
Eck
Way to pay attention.

Back