Nowhere Man

Nowhere Man….. just for fun

I THINK.... sorry if I am wrong.. John and Paul wrote this together before they started writing seperately. They may not have had the vocal compexity of the Beach Boys but.. John, Paul and George sounded so great on this.
Such lovely 3 part harmony and great song.

I saw the thread, remembered the song which always brought a tear. Very stupidly I recorded this in a drunken state on phone voice recorder and uploaded it. I will be very embarressed in the morning when I sober up. But you cant undo things and have to live with it.

I love this song, I am a lonely nowhere man 😪😪😪

Sorry

Attachments

• 20221121_215453.mp3
    3.2 MB
You don't know what you're missing
It sounds very like a John song title and lyric and the initial song. Then it sounds like Paul came in and added that wonderful beautiful mid section and developed the whole song. In the early days John came up with some wonderful quite simple ideas and Paul was so brilliant at expanding and developing them with his musical ability. That is why they were so great together 🥰🥰

How do you delete a post here? Help
There is no way...... it is on the internets for eternity or you could edit the post and delete it but I encourage you to leave it up...nothing to be ashamed of there...good pipes and good playin brother...not perfect but frickin listen to the Beatles basement tapes and realize you did a fine rough cut...

There is no way...... it is one the internets for eternity or you could edit the post and delete it but I encourage you to leave it up...nothing to be ashamed of there...good pipes and good singin brother...not perfect but frickin listen to the Beatles basement tapes and realize you did a fine rough cut...
Thanks TAE, very drunk and emotional about the tune, mom's fave. Thick skin and you put this stuff up and wait for the hate and set your self up. I dont care, I am old now... I can sing in tune and play in tune but never gonna be Steven Perry.
Thanks for the kind words, it means a lot xxx 🥰🥰

There is no way...... it is on the internets for eternity or you could edit the post and delete it but I encourage you to leave it up...nothing to be ashamed of there...good pipes and good playin brother...not perfect but frickin listen to the Beatles basement tapes and realize you did a fine rough cut...
I was always a very good arranger of vocal harmonies in my bands TAE. I worked with some great rock voices. I would arrange the upper 3rd and 5th for the guys over the lead singer and identify who was a bit flat or sharp. I am completely OCD with exact pitch with harmonies. I would generally add the lower 5th under the lead vocal for harmonies, as it was tricky for them to do. My favorite part ever was adding the 6th with my vocal harmony on this track after I had arranged the other root, 3rd and 5th, 3 part for the other guys.

🥰

Thanks TAE, very drunk and emotional about the tune, mom's fave. Thick skin and you put this stuff up and wait for the hate and set your self up. I dont care, I am old now... I can sing in tune and play in tune but never gonna be Steven Perry.
I think it came from my love of harmonies and being brought up on Eagles as a kid 🥰

Not forgetting this of course 🥰

Biblical harmonies

Biblical harmonies

Yes I know TAE, I was not born yesterday 😆😆 Its fairly obvious with any modern 'live' album that there is a lot of post production err.... slight tinkering going on ha ha. I sometimes wonder why bands bother with live albums at all. Live albums are not really live now, and with the tech correction these days are really no more than videos. Lets get back to the warts and all proper live performance, I want to hear the bum notes!
Was it like that in your day?
Yes you mentioned Rick winked at you when you asked how he was able to play so many parts at the same time 🥰👍
It Bites never did that and ditched the sequencer live. I remember the story of Emerson sticking a knife in his Hammond to keep one of the drawbars down. Or was it Jon Lord?

Back