Noob problem with AXE IO audio interface

alt91

Hi all,

I am brand new when it comes to recording so feel free to talk to me like I'm 5. I set up AXE I/O interface to the best of my ability and I am not hearing any sound from my guitar, though I see the interface does react when the strings are touched.

I am sure this should be a very easy fix:facepalm: I checked Windows sound settings and the input is set to "Line In 1/2 (IK Multimedia AXE IO)" and output set to "Line Out 1/2 (IK Multimedia AXE IO)"

Huge thanks to anyone who can help🙇‍♂️

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    368.1 KB · Views: 4
Where are you listening?
You have Headphones, Amp Out, and Line Out.
Are Amp Out and Line Out signals connected to anything?
Can you record into your DAW, even though you can't hear?
If you can record, can you hear anything when you try to play it back?
What about fader settings, and mute buttons in the DAW?

Just had a shufty at the manual and there is a 'monitor' knob. That needs to be in the "Direct" position to hear the guitar through the interface.

The "DAW" setting will give you s return signal from the computer's DAW software and I doubt you have advanced enough to set that up as yet? When you do get that far we can talk about the next "demon" Latency!

Dave.

First thank you everyone for replies Raymond Rob and Dave 🙇‍♂️

I'm listening from speakers through the headphone jack. But actually I notice now that all sound from all programs (browser etc.) stop as soon as I turn on the audio interface. Maybe this is the problem?

@Dave thank you for that, I changed the monitor knob to Direct (though still no sound)

However when played through the DAW software - the mixer reacts to the guitar but only gives a flat line when recording

Attachments

• aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.png
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.png
    23.4 KB · Views: 2
  • aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.png
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.png
    14.4 KB · Views: 2
Back