Noise of Deity S mic 2

Hi, friends!
From time to time, I started hearing the strange noise during my Zoom meditation sessions. What it could be? Maybe I am too close to the mic?
I uploaded the sample.
Noise.wav - Icedrive
It started after almost 15 minutes of everything being ok and kept going for several minutes more...

What is your sound system - mic to what interface, etc? Noise I hear seems to be mic handling or wind noise.

That handling type noise could also be power supply problems, or worse, the kind of thing induced by faulty capacitors in the internal mic preamp. I have one old condenser that does this when it's been on a while and that's what I traced it to a couple of old dried out electrolytic. How come the mic is picking up the room audio? Is this leakage or just the real level of the audio track.

I
How come the mic is picking up the room audio? Is this leakage or just the real level of the audio track.
Thank you! It is a background music that I used during meditation session, if it is what you asked.
Maybe you are right and it is power supply problem. Zoom H6 is connected through powered USB Hub. I hope it is not the internal mic problem.

Hi everyone!
I'm planning to buy a Boss BR 800 and use it as effect box and stand alone recorder. I see in Boos descriptions there is a sd card, but I cant see it in any pictures or videos the location of SD slot!
Please confirm, let me kow if Boos Br 800 has a SD slot, thank you all!

Hi everyone!
I'm planning to buy a Boss BR 800 and use it as effect box and stand alone recorder. I see in Boos descriptions there is a sd card, but I cant see it in any pictures or videos the location of SD slot!
Please confirm, let me kow if Boos Br 800 has a SD slot, thank you all!
I think you post this to the wrong thread, friend.

Just create a new topic, but the front panel has an arrow pointing to the slot which is on the side, under a little flap. Sigh. The arrow with big SD logo is frankly, not really boding well for the er, more complex challenges ahead. Best of luck with it.

You can eliminate the USB cabling as a potential noise source by simply using the H6 as a recorder (it's primary design purpose), i.e., record to SD cards, and then transfer that data to the computer. If you need external power, get a large battery pack/brick and power the H6 with that. That's what I did when I was using the H6 for field recording.

If you must use interface mode, make sure to set to multi-track mode, disable FX like compression, and set to 48kHz/24-bit, and if using a mic that requires phantom power, I would test using internal battery power (vs. USB bus power) to see if that makes a difference.

Put the background music in another track in the DAW once you have the voiceover recorded, and mix that in at a level that you want. Do not record that in the background while talking, if that is what is going on

You can eliminate the USB cabling as a potential noise source by simply using the H6 as a recorder (it's primary design purpose), i.e., record to SD cards, and then transfer that data to the computer. If you need external power, get a large battery pack/brick and power the H6 with that. That's what I did when I was using the H6 for field recording.

If you must use interface mode, make sure to set to multi-track mode, disable FX like compression, and set to 48kHz/24-bit, and if using a mic that requires phantom power, I would test using internal battery power (vs. USB bus power) to see if that makes a difference.

Put the background music in another track in the DAW once you have the voiceover recorded, and mix that in at a level that you want. Do not record that in the background while talking, if that is what is going on
Thank you very much!
I have to use it as an interface since I give my clases of meditation in that way, and for the same reason I use background music. So I give my meditation through Zoom (the program) and at the same time I record it with Audacity so that I can publish it later (I record at 44kHz/24-bit).

I will try to apply everything you mentioned for the interface. I used Stereo Mix mode instead of Multi Track, and I was sure that I should use 44kHz, because I was taught that 48kHz are for the audios that are for movies.

P.S. When in interface mode, it shows that I have 44kHz. I could not find where to change this. I found this setting for recording and put 48kHz/24-bit, but where should I change it for interface?

When I was checking out my H4n for another person, I put the Zoom on mains power, not using the USB to power up the unit. That way I know I won't be pulling too much juice from the USB port. It doesn't really make a big difference between 44.1 and 48k. While video standardized on 48k a while back, most programs will handle both rates today. Just make sure you use 24 bit.

Also the H6 only works as a 6 in/ 2 out USB interface, so I don't think it will make a big difference as long as you are using the external mics. You still only have two channels for recording in your DAW.

When I was checking out my H4n for another person, I put the Zoom on mains power, not using the USB to power up the unit. That way I know I won't be pulling too much juice from the USB port. It doesn't really make a big difference between 44.1 and 48k. While video standardized on 48k a while back, most programs will handle both rates today. Just make sure you use 24 bit.

Also the H6 only works as a 6 in/ 2 out USB interface, so I don't think it will make a big difference as long as you are using the external mics. You still only have two channels for recording in your DAW.
Thank you, TalismanRich! Is there any loss in quality when I convert audio from 48 to 44 and vice versa with Adobe Audition CC?

I work on a lot of old projects and some are 44.1, some 48 and the only time I find out is when I start up Soundforge at the same time and I get a warning message 50% of the time saying the sample rate has changed. 48 gives you a little more high frequency capability at a frequency you cannot hear, and which your voice certainly doesn't produce. youtube have some nice test recordings of frequency tones. Test your ears - I'm getting on in years and I can't hear much above 13K now. 44.1 can manage 20K.

Thank you very much!
I have to use it as an interface since I give my clases of meditation in that way, and for the same reason I use background music. So I give my meditation through Zoom (the program) and at the same time I record it with Audacity so that I can publish it later (I record at 44kHz/24-bit).

I will try to apply everything you mentioned for the interface. I used Stereo Mix mode instead of Multi Track, and I was sure that I should use 44kHz, because I was taught that 48kHz are for the audios that are for movies.

P.S. When in interface mode, it shows that I have 44kHz. I could not find where to change this. I found this setting for recording and put 48kHz/24-bit, but where should I change it for interface?
You may be right that interface mode is limited to 44.1kHz. I don't have my H6, and may have misread the manual. My recollection is the F8 only has that limitation when you are using the record+interface mode. If you are not syncing the audio to video, the sample rate doesn't matter. I thought you were making YouTube videos.

Back